babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » auntie.com   » Back Off Sucker!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Back Off Sucker!
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 23 May 2001 04:41 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
How do you deal with tailgaters?
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 23 May 2001 06:07 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Man, I love the way Auntie writes!

I've never really noticed tailgaters. It's people who don't signal when they are turning or changing lanes that make my oatmeal hit the wall. I used to just swear to myself when people cut me off, but my buddies have slowly conditioned me to "be a man" (ick) and honk when I'm cut off like that.

Tailgaters: Tapping on your brakes lightly, just so the brake-lights come on? I dunno. I really just wanted to vent about people who don't signal when they change lanes.

From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 23 May 2001 11:27 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I move right over to the right, let the suckers pass so that 50 feet further down they pull into a restaurant. I guess the had to pee in a hurry or something like that.
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 23 May 2001 11:36 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
When someone tailgates me, I slow right down to the exact speed limit (I usually only go 5 or 10 over). I figure I'd rather be in an accident at a slower rather than faster speed if they're going to drive like idiots.

One time on a 2 lane highway with a friend in the passenger seat, I was tailed by this idiot who was almost touching my bumper, and for a long way along. I tried slowing down (gradually, not slamming the brakes or anything) several times to no avail. It was my lucky day, because a cop came along in the other direction. I opened the window, waved at the police car, pointed at the guy behind me with my thumb, and watched the word "F***!!!" form on the lips of the driver as the cop did a quick U-turn and chased the guy. He got pulled over and I drove away. It was beautiful. I was telling that one for weeks afterwards - and the best part was that I had a witness - no one would have believed it otherwise!

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca