FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » archived babble   » auntie.com   » Hear No Evil

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Hear No Evil
audra trower williams
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2

posted 23 May 2001 04:38 PM      Profile for audra trower williams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This reader has friends who don't want to hear anything that might make them feel guilty. What do you do when people refuse to be aware? auntie.com has some choice words, and little patience.
From: And I'm a look you in the eye for every bar of the chorus | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 23 May 2001 06:13 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
I have this problem with my girlfriend. She has no patience for all things political. She doesn't bother to learn about the different parties and she refuses to vote because, since she doesn't know anything about the parties, it wouldn't be right (gotta love that circular logic). She simply has no interest in these things. Her choice of reading material is limited to romance novels.

She loves to complain about how lousy her job is, but she doesn't make the connection between why her job is so lousy and politics.

But hey, you can't get blood from a stone. When I try to encourage her she says I'm being "typically male" by trying to solve her problems.

From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
clersal
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 370

posted 23 May 2001 07:40 PM      Profile for clersal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sounds like there are two problems. Her problems if she finds them a problem? Your problem that you find her problems a problem. I know that looks very strange as I just re-read it. Somehow it makes sense except that maybe there is only one problem perhaps the problem you have with her problems?
From: Canton Marchand, Québec | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca