babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » ALL CANNABIS CANADIANS VOTE GREEN

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: ALL CANNABIS CANADIANS VOTE GREEN
pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 12:24 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALL CANNABIS CANADIANS VOTE GREEN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to run federally for the Canadian GREEN PARTY in the next federal election.

all people that believe any adults that use or want to use cannabis ,
should be free from persecution or jail should vote green

under justice and inclusion,,,,,in the green book
yes actually in their policy book,,,

the ndp told me they don't want to give out any written policy!
and no-one in the ND-party even knows what the real policy is

GREEN POLICY # 106

REGULATE MARIJUANA UNDER FEDERAL LEGISLATION AS A PRODUCT SIMILAR TO ALCOHOL AND TOBBACCO

as some of you know
after 3 years fighting in the ndp ,,i mean really fighting,
well,, they still don't have a cannabis policy
for sure zero in a policy book
and quite frankly to me anyway don't seem to want one

i know,,
the ndp leadership is never going to bring it up
Layton himself is calling for minimum sentences and refuses to even mention the word cannabis , in fact is running in the opposite direction

they are cowards and don't want us cannabis people

just your vote and money

a vote for the ndp is a wasted vote and they really don't deserve our continued support

please all Cannabis or Freedom thinking Canadians,,,get involved and help the greens

they could surprise a lot of people this time around and please do not forget that each party gets a payment from our tax's based on each vote they garner

do not financially support (though your vote)
a party of hypocrites and cowards

Elizabeth May for Prime-Minister "FOR ALL OF US"

the GREENS are also going to possibly use a policy towards CO2 that don briere (da kine cafe)and i proposed using hemp to reinforce cement

hemp is one of the best plants for absorbing CO2 and is one of the most hardy substances out there . it will petrify in cement and encapsulate CO2 at the same time. we could do 3 crops a summer every where and cut emissions substantially.

remember that hemp is not cannabis and remember you can drive your car using it as fuel.

the time has come for fearless leadership to break the redundant patterns of the current leadership of this country

any questions please let me know

director ----- juror.ca
endprohibition@telus.net

[ 04 February 2007: Message edited by: pearlsbeforeswine ]

remind
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6289

posted 03 February 2007 01:05 PM      Profile for remind     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sorry, I would not park my vote with the regressive, anti-choice Green Party, if I was paid too and like May would ever support marijuanna legaliztion anyway!
From: "watching the tide roll away" | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 01:39 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
she has already said she does and there will be no repressive policy ,,just forward thinking sane policy

at least they are not afraid to have a policy

Le Téléspectateur
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7126

posted 03 February 2007 01:52 PM      Profile for Le Téléspectateur     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Jack Layton has done interviews on PotTV with Marc Emmery and most people who are into the anti-drug war scene have heard his "Pot is a wonderful substance" quote.

Also, Dana Larsen, former editor of Cannabis Culture Mag and fellow babbler is an NDP member and started, with other I believe, the eNDProhibition group within the party. The people involved with eNDProhibition have worked hard at getting provincial wings of the party to pass pro-pot/safe injection policy.

The federal NDP is officially in favour of legalization and taxation. Many of the MPs, including Jack, have gone on record saying this and it is an official policy.

You either have not done your research or you are full of shit. You would make an excellent Green Party candidate.

From: More here than there | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Centerfield
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13025

posted 03 February 2007 01:54 PM      Profile for Centerfield        Edit/Delete Post
Isn't smoking marijuanna bad for your health.
We ban cigarettes but now we want to endorse marijuanna,cough cough.

Your fighting a losing battle,good luck.

I remember many years ago when....,sorry forgot what I was going to say,pass me some more pizza hehe.

remind
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6289

posted 03 February 2007 01:54 PM      Profile for remind     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by pearlsbeforeswine:
she has already said she does and there will be no repressive policy ,,just forward thinking sane policy

at least they are not afraid to have a policy

Oh yes, there is regressiveness in the Green Party and it starts right at the top with May, and how about you give us a link where she says she is in favour of legalizing marijuanna.

M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 03 February 2007 01:57 PM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Don't bother feeding the troll.

The guy who started this thread, John Shavluk, has been repeatedly banned from babble under various names.

Message sent to mederators.

From: One millihelen: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Centerfield
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13025

posted 03 February 2007 02:01 PM      Profile for Centerfield        Edit/Delete Post
BTW how much GHG does this marijuanna industry produce ?
pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 02:14 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Le Téléspectateur:
Jack Layton has done interviews on PotTV with Marc Emmery and most people who are into the anti-drug war scene have heard his "Pot is a wonderful substance" quote.

Also, Dana Larsen, former editor of Cannabis Culture Mag and fellow babbler is an NDP member and started, with other I believe, the eNDProhibition group within the party. The people involved with eNDProhibition have worked hard at getting provincial wings of the party to pass pro-pot/safe injection policy.

The federal NDP is officially in favour of legalization and taxation. Many of the MPs, including Jack, have gone on record saying this and it is an official policy.

You either have not done your research or you are full of shit. You would make an excellent Green Party candidate.

stay in the dark ,,but they the ndp actually don't have a federal cannabis policy

as far as dana , he can tell you himself that they treat him as an unwanted reminder to jacks pot TV visit

they have nothing as a policy outside of supporting the police chiefs association in their call for decriminalization

decrim is a waste of time and unworkable
we all know it

don't forget that i spent 3 years in the ndp , was on the provincial and local executives , ran for ndp president in Quebec city, just to say the word cannabis at their convention and myself was a director in endprohibition.ca

i reluctantly gave up on the ndp and no one here is qualified to tell me the real way it is for the ndp because i have lived it for 3 years

i have also run twice for the marijuana party

the greens have an actual written policy,,show me a NDP written policy endorsing cannabis legalizing that i didn't help get adopted and is in fact ,,,federal

and spector you are a wind bag,,get a life

i can have my wife sign on and make any post

why don't you find out why i was banned if you think i am unworthy, i didn't deserve to be treated the way you and others do so here ,,,so easily

again you are a spoiled child

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 02:21 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Centerfield:
Isn't smoking marijuanna bad for your health.

Your fighting a losing battle,good luck.

I remember many years ago when....,sorry forgot what I was going to say,pass me some more pizza hehe.

there is no instance of cancer from cannabis,,none
in fact it is probably a cancer fighting weapon according to the real data

helps with alzheimer's and stops tumors and may in fact make you smarter

it also doesn't have to be smoked to be beneficial

the ndp will not help,, i know i was more involved than dana

the truth will come out

one of the other parties will have to come out in favor before the ndp will ever say anything public again

i have talked to jack layton many times and he has had 3 years and done zip

he also decided we were a non issue at the convention,,i was there

vote for who ever you want
but if you are a cannabis supporter
there is only one party with actual policy in place and that is the NEW GREEN PARTY

dispute me or ban me either way we will be heard from

and listening to your belittling attitude towards cannabis,,one would think i am at blogging Tory's

[ 03 February 2007: Message edited by: pearlsbeforeswine ]

[ 03 February 2007: Message edited by: pearlsbeforeswine ]

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 02:25 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by remind:

Oh yes, there is regressiveness in the Green Party and it starts right at the top with May, and how about you give us a link where she says she is in favour of legalizing marijuanna.

go to the green site read their policy book ,,its # 106

trust me i gave the ndp thousands of dollars ,worked very hard for them worked everyday on 2 campaigns ,got many to join,,attempted to run for them 4 times,,, i reluctantly gave up on them

it was quite refreshing to meet and hear Elizabeth may

she is what the country needs right now

dont blame her,or me ,blame jack layton

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 02:31 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
BTW how much GHG does this marijuanna industry produce ?

in fact, i am trying to have adopted as a GREEN PARTY POLICY the fact that hemp is one of the best and heartiest plants to be used to reduce GHG (we can do 3 complete crops in a season with no fertilizers and no pesticides)and as its one of a rare type of plant that will petrify ,,we propose it be used to strengthen concrete as a way of encapsulating the captured CO2,,trees are too slow and every time you burn wood it releases the CO2

spector ,,there are others here that will post this stuff quit being a conservative baby,,OK

pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 03 February 2007 02:35 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
spector ,,there are others here that will post this stuff quit being a conservative baby,,OK

Whoa! I may have had my differences with M. Spector but calling him a conservative is just ... uncalled for.

To treat the subject seriously for one sentence: I think marijuana should be legalized but I'm afraid it's pretty far from being the single issue that's going to decide my vote. We have bigger fish to fry.

OK, that was two sentences.

From: Why is this a required field? | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 03 February 2007 02:41 PM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm completely out of the loop on this, so bear with me. Is it legal to grow any species of hemp at all? What are the uses for it as a garden plant?
From: Make the rich pay! | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 02:43 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
it is about the word prohibition for me

that word ties to homelessness , suffering , sickness , violence ,gangs ,crime , broken families , corruption in the police and judiciary,,,it even ties to the needless deaths in Afghanistan as we should be buying the poppies for aids patients in Africa

this issue is huge,,,it just needs to be raised and we will all be better off with dealing with the huge elephant in the tax payers living room

i will answer any concerns you may have

parties a side,,as i have worked in more than a few,,,this is about your own health and your own safety
whether we address the issue or not the above problems wont be dealt with until we do

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 02:48 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boom Boom:
I'm completely out of the loop on this, so bear with me. Is it legal to grow any species of hemp at all? What are the uses for it as a garden plant?

hemp is not cannabis ,,you can not get high from it unless you are making beer

you can however eat it(best form of protein for humans),, drive your car with it(bio fuel), make all plastics with it,,,cloth yourself with things that never wear out,,,the list goes on and on

it is very useful as cannabis as well and to the people of halifax who could not have their open festering wounds heal with any legal treatment ,,well it is life saving

http://www.phoenixtears.ca/list.html

Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 03 February 2007 03:00 PM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thanks for the link. I did a google and found many more. I was surprised to see this: Hemp is being grown commercially again in Canada.

ETA: one of the links from that website says: To purchase hemp seed for cultivation a licence is required from Health Canada.

ETA: Toronto Hemp Centre

[ 03 February 2007: Message edited by: Boom Boom ]

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 03:36 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
seeds??

dana here will give you some free,,he has a seed store

the point is ,, like the fellow who said earlier that it wasn't a big issue,,

i understand that ,at convention the gays told me officially it took them 30 years in the party before the party spoke up for them,,,well they were not being jailed in any where the numbers we are
everyone knows someone that uses cannabis and who could be taken at anytime
15,000 last year in BC
i visited carol gwilt in jail , last Saturday again , she celebrated her 40th there a few months back

she worked with the disabled people for 20 years ,she was/is a licensed medical cannabis user,
who is now doing 17 months of jail time for ,,,well ,,after speaking to city hall ,,the police dept ,,fire dept ,,every city department ,, she opened the "" da kine cafe"" that provided clean safe cannabis to any one that was an adult that said they had a medical need
the government stuff is grown in a mine in Flin Flon and is full of leached metals like mercury and tin,,,anyway in court i listened to the judge say letters from senator Campbell and other city officials were considered hearsay and inadmissible

its like the majority is kept in the dark,,

go to minimum sentences and see crime explode and shootings common place , the human animal is going to let the greed or desire get the better of him,,,,nothing but a wasteful witch hunt to someone like me

before this insanity makes it to ,, hmmm,,
what one hundred years old
before its finally recognized that many gave their lives trying to educate the masses ,, and save their own citizens this terrible forced life style of tax burdens at the medical systems loss,,, jail , shame , crime, instead of the health issue that it is

even the police are trying to tell you,,,

http://www.leap.cc/

yes it is my belief that all drugs should be legalized,,,again any of you would believe the same if you had experienced what i have and come to realize that by doing so and stopping the cycle of violence , crime and lost lives
and billions of your wasted insurance and tax dollars

we would still then have to get down to dealing with our drug problem

why should criminals living in palaces in other countries be the reason we jail our own and spend one third our tax's on so that they can reap all the benefit,,its insanity to some one like me

its why i joined the ndp in the first place and why i left,,,,if the greens throw away their book and become cowards i will find another way

its insanity to keep doing what we are doing

http://www.leap.cc/

6 thousand strong and growing

[ 04 February 2007: Message edited by: pearlsbeforeswine ]

Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 03 February 2007 03:41 PM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
seeds??

But one of the links from a website I looked at says: To purchase hemp seed for cultivation a licence is required from Health Canada.

Coyote
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4881

posted 03 February 2007 03:41 PM      Profile for Coyote   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
"The gays"?
From: O’ for a good life, we just might have to weaken. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Centerfield
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13025

posted 03 February 2007 04:09 PM      Profile for Centerfield        Edit/Delete Post
Are you trying to justify Cannabis legalization for medicinal purposes ?
Other than that it's pure BS.

Grass dulls the senses,eliminates ambition and makes you a freaking zombie.It's know different than a crack head or an alchoholic.Sooner or later you become depressive,anti social and need help to find yourself.

I don't want my kids teacher going out for a dube during the 15 minute break at school.If I were a teacher today I would be buzzed at every opportunity lol.

I'm no saint,I have smoked and tasted and drank as much liquid that could give me a buzz that was out there at the time.Just like many of my fellow Babby Boomers here lol.We(Babby Boomers) and the Rolling Stones invented the "BUZZ"

I don't want bro's smoking weed going to jail,but a fine is needed.If you smoke it and you get caught your fine payment goes towards MADD or some other organization Imo.

I have yet in my life,and I have experienced the street in depth,ever seen a pot head not progress to heavy alcohol or stronger drugs after partying for a few hours.
Cannabis is a precursor to warming up before you go out to the bar and really party.

quote:
there is no instance of cancer from cannabis,,none

That's because nobody would show up for the tests,even after they were offered free meat lol.When your buzzed the only thing that matters is "Role Playing Games+ on the Internet.

I ask everyone here to experience the game EverQuest,get buzzed play this game and you will see the light.

Ever notice that these MARIJUANA activists never put there ass on the line in any other political converstaion.If it ain't grass it's not worthy.

[ 03 February 2007: Message edited by: Centerfield ]

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 04:22 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote:
"The gays"?

the gay community that tried to console us after we were rejected the first day of a 3 day convention

clandestiny
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6865

posted 03 February 2007 04:54 PM      Profile for clandestiny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
the pro cannabis forces should bring up the 'pot cures seasickness' factoid while 2nd world warriors, many whom crossed seas on ships, suffered hugely from motion illness when it not necessary(?) & are STILL ALIVE! they should get mad at idea they were pawns in 'war on drugs' nonsense...also:
>it was marijuana induced consciousness that has caused many otherwised doom to go straight ie quit smoking, drinking and other self desttructive excesses. And the anti-pot side has the 'war in iraq' hung like a daid chicken around its neck now (a chicken killin' dog sometimes has ONE dead chicken tied smartly to its neck; the thing rots horribly and breaks dog's appetite for 'chicken)..ALREADY!
keeping pot illegal seems to be a hallmark of the rightwingnuttery

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 05:03 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Are you trying to justify Cannabis legalization for medicinal purposes ?
Other than that it's pure BS.

Grass dulls the senses,eliminates ambition and makes you a freaking zombie.It's know different than a crack head or an alchoholic.Sooner or later you become depressive,anti social and need help to find yourself.

I don't want my kids teacher going out for a dube during the 15 minute break at school.If I were a teacher today I would be buzzed at every opportunity lol.

I'm no saint,I have smoked and tasted and drank as much liquid that could give me a buzz that was out there at the time.Just like many of my fellow Babby Boomers here lol.We(Babby Boomers) and the Rolling Stones invented the "BUZZ"

I don't want bro's smoking weed going to jail,but a fine is needed.If you smoke it and you get caught your fine payment goes towards MADD or some other organization Imo.

I have yet in my life,and I have experienced the street in depth,ever seen a pot head not progress to heavy alcohol or stronger drugs after partying for a few hours.
Cannabis is a precursor to warming up before you go out to the bar and really party.

there are 2 university professors who now have the right to smoke cannabis at school ,, as they i guess, to someone like you ,, waste minds teaching your kids about sanity or human rights in their class's
lots have smoked it for years and would be put off by your racist statements
you are a hippocrate

why don't you go turn yourself in and do the time some have done ,for what you have just admitted to here,,,,you make it out like we are all just deer and only so many fall by the shot of a hunter,, only so many a year
like it was natural,,,what if we make gambling illegal again or video games as both of these do more harm to society than the drugs themselves.
how about we are all free to bag the obese as they are a supposed drain on the health care system

you as a person who has probably never smoked cannabis with out then using alcohol ,millions of us don't drink,, or move on to anything harder
quite the opposite in fact i would ask why you are not a heroine addict based on your confession

and i can tell you it is no gateway drug,, if any thing it is an exit drug,,it is credited with saving Chrystal meth addicts,,your comments are disturbing to me,

what ever enlightenment you have, was probably from the cannabis you were lucky enough to absorb and you still sound borderline conservative on the persecution of those harmless people

its garbage and its willful ignorance ,what is going on , no different than the Chinese head tax or the internment of Japanese Canadians,,
its plain stupid hypocrisy

give the money to maddd
sorry that's an oxymoron if i ever heard one

they are grasping at the pot issue even though the only 2 governments who studied cannabis and driving both reluctantly admitted you drive better on cannabis than sober

the sad truth of it all is that people that drink alcohol are the violent and abusive types that are free and us passive cannabis enlightened enjoy-ors are caged and abused

there are 700,000 of us now ,,,,

because you were not caught and now do not par-take, good for you,
meat or sugar are the real problems in society ,,
that no one wants to talk about because they are lost battles
this is and has never been a health issue as far as enforcement,,,it will be to end it

i work harder than you i am sure and if you still think me a zombie,,just continue to vote conservative as you obviously intend to

we can not expect to be smart enough to educate all of you ,, just those deserving a better life than what they have to put up with now

as i said at the ndp convention

"""to me after this 13 year battle i was finally starting to see that it may come down to a civil war,,,yes a civil war between the enlightened and the ignorant(i originally had stupid,,my wife thought that too brash)

i looked at them and asked which side are you on??

i know which side they are on now

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 05:07 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
oh i didn't see you edited and added some new garbage,ehem comments,, i will read it and see if you are worth a reply
Centerfield
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13025

posted 03 February 2007 05:26 PM      Profile for Centerfield        Edit/Delete Post

[ 03 February 2007: Message edited by: Centerfield ]

Centerfield
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13025

posted 03 February 2007 05:29 PM      Profile for Centerfield        Edit/Delete Post
quote:

there are 2 university professors who now have the right to smoke cannabis at school ,, as they i guess, to someone like you ,, waste minds teaching your kids about sanity or human rights in their class's
lots have smoked it for years and would be put off by your racist statements
you are a hippocrate

why don't you go turn yourself in and do the time some have done ,for what you have just admitted to here,,,,you make it out like we are all just deer and only so many fall by the shot of a hunter,, only so many a year
like it was natural,,,what if we make gambling illegal again or video games as both of these do more harm to society than the drugs themselves.
how about we are all free to bag the obese as they are a supposed drain on the health care system

you as a person who has probably never smoked cannabis with out then using alcohol ,millions of us don't drink,, or move on to anything harder
quite the opposite in fact i would ask why you are not a heroine addict based on your confession

and i can tell you it is no gateway drug,, if any thing it is an exit drug,,it is credited with saving Chrystal meth addicts,,your comments are disturbing to me,

what ever enlightenment you have, was probably from the cannabis you were lucky enough to absorb and you still sound borderline conservative on the persecution of those harmless people

its garbage and its willful ignorance ,what is going on , no different than the Chinese head tax or the internment of Japanese Canadians,,
its plain stupid hypocrisy

give the money to maddd
sorry that's an oxymoron if i ever heard one

they are grasping at the pot issue even though the only 2 governments who studied cannabis and driving both reluctantly admitted you drive better on cannabis than sober

the sad truth of it all is that people that drink alcohol are the violent and abusive types that are free and us passive cannabis enlightened enjoy-ors are caged and abused

there are 700,000 of us now ,,,,

because you were not caught and now do not par-take, good for you,
meat or sugar are the real problems in society ,,
that no one wants to talk about because they are lost battles
this is and has never been a health issue as far as enforcement,,,it will be to end it

i work harder than you i am sure and if you still think me a zombie,,just continue to vote conservative as you obviously intend to

we can not expect to be smart enough to educate all of you ,, just those deserving a better life than what they have to put up with now

as i said at the ndp convention

"""to me after this 13 year battle i was finally starting to see that it may come down to a civil war,,,yes a civil war between the enlightened and the ignorant(i originally had stupid,,my wife thought that too brash)

i looked at them and asked which side are you on??

i know which side they are on now

The number one rule still applies......

Do not sniff.smoke,taste your profits!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trevormkidd
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12720

posted 03 February 2007 06:10 PM      Profile for Trevormkidd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
While I am a Green Party member and I support the legalization of marijuana (although the same "no smoking" rules must apply as for cigarettes). I think that it should be priority #20867 for the GPC. Any person who runs for the Green Party and spends a lot of time actively promoting the idea is doing an extreme disservice to the party. If someone asks about marijuana, of course, answer. Otherwise there are more important issues and policies to be discussed.
pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 07:09 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
not when you know which plants will in-fact clean the air faster or which plants that will propel your car cleaner
which plants that ruled the world before people smoked them and will resurface to again save them

or that with out the prohibition of Afghan poppies there would be no war killing our soldiers in our first violent confrontation since Korea
Canada used to be a country of peacekeepers not war enablers
it is choices and the courage of your convictions

i see that the farmers of the prairies(my home)would prosper even if the hemp was only used as feed

that the health care system would end up revamped as many good uses would be utilized
and that this issue ties to just about all others

the GREEN party can and will win with this issue

stop sounding like an ndp coward

i have no illusion we will become government
its about influencing the path the country takes

i believe a sane path is helped with the GREENS going full steam with a much broader view than just someones right to party

it and other things are just a by product of the real problems this country is forced to suffer
it about choices sane choices,,with people in mind before corporations,,but baring in mind we live in a corporate world

i take it than you think that "in-site" should close this December when their small reprieve is up??

remind
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6289

posted 03 February 2007 07:29 PM      Profile for remind     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Wow, quite the diatribe pearls before.

Let us all know how the Green Party works for you, as you just have to read trevormkidd's post and see you're going to be shooting blanks with the Greens.

They want NOTHING to do with legalizing or decriminalizing marijuanna. Anymore than they want anything to do with anything else progressive.

One nneds only read her speeches to see where she is taking the Green Party.

quote:
I always find it sobering to consider that when Jesus walked the Earth, there were 200 million people on the planet, and that to reach the doubling point of 400 million took 1500 years. The last doubling time, from 3 billion to 6 billion, was in my life time.)

http://www.greenparty.ca/page273.html

I find it truly amazing that she would use jesus to example rampent population growth for example and even uses Bible quotes in her speeches. But I am happy to see that, at least publically, she believes the earth is older than 6000 years.

No sorry pearlsbefore, you are barking up the wrong tree with the Greens, they are using you, while your trying to use them.

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 07:39 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
hahahahahahahhahahahaha

another ndp deflector

you take one paragraph and make it into a complete profile ,,,eh???

want to see some quotes from some other party leaders?

read the whole article and between you and me i would sooner be helping some one with some sense of spirituality than someone professing to be an atheist as a politician

again i have been deceived before
last time by the ndp,,they are cowards

and if you are some one who knows anyone who chooses cannabis or believes all people matter

then you owe it to yourself to at least listen to what will come out

its only a vote,,its not your lives or first born we are looking for,,,you wont find me in your bedroom

here's to choice and making politicians good for their words

Trevormkidd
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12720

posted 03 February 2007 07:42 PM      Profile for Trevormkidd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I agree that hemp is a very useful plant.

I agree with the Green Party policy

* 106. Regulate marijuana under federal legislation as a product similar to alcohol and tobacco.

I also think that it should remain one policy out of hundreds. You seem to want to make it policy number 2 (or maybe even #1).

quote:
i take it than you think that "in-site" should close this December when their small reprieve is up??

Based on what I said you came to this conclusion how?

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 03 February 2007 07:59 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
no but i joined the ndp as they said it should be a policy and it never was

if it gets mentioned it will be a start and more than i have seen in 13 years fighting this battle

i will admit this issue is my pet peeve since my loss of my business's and millions of dollars and my jailing and abuse after being framed for a crime i did not commit 15 years ago

here's to freedom and a sane voice from someone in the year 2007

Trevormkidd
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12720

posted 03 February 2007 08:35 PM      Profile for Trevormkidd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by remind:
[QB]I find it truly amazing that she would use jesus to example rampent population growth for example and even uses Bible quotes in her speeches. But I am happy to see that, at least publically, she believes the earth is older than 6000 years.

She quoted Bertrand Russell, Paul Simon, Jared Diamond and Ronald Wright, but I don’t see a biblical quote as you mention.

Only this quote: "Ever since Adam ate the apple, man has refrained from no folly of which he was capable. The End." Which was quoting Bertrand Russell, an avowed atheist.

Maybe I missed them.

Yes Elizabeth May is religious. So was Tommy Douglas who combined christian principles with social reform (plus Woodsworth, Blaikie etc). I am an atheist, but I highly doubt that I will wake tomorrow and find that the rest of the world has also become atheist. So seeing as I have to live in a world with religious people I would far prefer that religious people had the option of seeing politicians like May, Douglas, Blaikie, DiNovo and Carter instead of just Bush, Day and Harper.

As for using the time of Jesus as a reference for population growth it is extremely common and has been used by hundreds of people, religious or not. Should the word Jesus be banned? Are there other books that people are never allowed to quote or just the bible? Should no one vote for the Ontario NDP because Cheri DiNovo made several biblical quotes on "The Big Picture" or is she simply disqualified from ever being a leader of a political party?

remind
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6289

posted 03 February 2007 09:47 PM      Profile for remind     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well, my first quibbles would be, we do not even know if there was a Jesus, let alone when his time was, let alone what the world's population was.

So, when you are discussing the science and statistical facts about population expansion impacting upon the environment, I have to question what comes next, after it was started out with a Jesus's time comparative analysis.

If other people have used it, then one one would have to take a contextual look at it, not that it actually makes a difference because of above. Plus, just because others have does not make it correct to do.

Politics and religion should NOT be mixed, ever.

Biblical quotes are a no go, unless one is going to make quotes from every religious faith that resides in Canada, in the same speech. To do other is colonialistic and ethno-centric/culturally biased. And a national leader cannot be that in a pluralistic country.

Her faith is her personal business not the RoC's.

redflag
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12372

posted 03 February 2007 11:12 PM      Profile for redflag     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Has anyone checked into this joker's credentials to see if it is who they say they are?

I haven't read through all of the posts in this thread yet, but I've seen this pattern of behaviour before and it looks an awful lot like someone is just trying to badger and demoralize NDP supporters.

The fact that they're a "recent rabble rouser" only makes it all the more suspicious in my eyes.

M. Spector
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 8273

posted 03 February 2007 11:28 PM      Profile for M. Spector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes, I have.

He was banned from babble under the name shavluk on August 16, 2006.

He promptly came back as kulvahs (clever, eh?) and was banned again for making racist comments on October 4, 2006.

Three weeks later he was back again, under his present handle.

Apparently it's acceptable for someone who has been banned repeatedly to re-register under a different name and carry on as if nothing happened.

From: One millihelen: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
trippie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12090

posted 04 February 2007 01:08 AM      Profile for trippie        Edit/Delete Post
the Union of the workers in one counrty called north america would be a good thing... unfotunatly the only thing that will be united is the capitalists and thier capital....
Abdul_Maria
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11105

posted 04 February 2007 07:10 AM      Profile for Abdul_Maria     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
the GREENS are also going to possibly use a policy towards CO2 that don briere (da kine cafe)and i proposed using hemp to reinforce cement

hemp is one of the best plants for absorbing CO2 and is one of the most hardy substances out there . it will petrify in cement and encapsulate CO2 at the same time. we could do 3 crops a summer every where and cut emissions substantially.

remember that hemp is not cannabis and remember you can drive your car using it as fuel.

i made a prototype circuit board using hemp fiber. it was a hemp-epoxy board.

i would like to continue the experiment using ground up extremely sticky buds as the bonding agent. i think it would work.

the trick would be to abstain from using any other toxins in the manufacturing, and to use a mechanical process to remove the copper, as opposed to an etching process.

most circuit board manufacturing involves a boatload of very toxic chemicals.

i think it's possible that this kind of design work is best done privately and quietly. in other words, a cooperative in BC with 20 acres can reinforce their cement with hemp stalks & fibers, & not ask for permission.

it could be a long time before the Powers That Be give permission for these kinds of things. i say just do it, then work with a grad student or professor to document the "safety & efficacy" of the process.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 04 February 2007 09:31 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
s it legal to grow any species of hemp at all? What are the uses for it as a garden plant?

All varieties of cannabis are considered "marihuana" under Canadian law. "Hemp" is just marijuana with a THC level of under 0.3% at maturity.

In the mid-90's the federal government began giving out "exemptions" to the federal drug law under Section 56 of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.

Every hemp farmer must apply for and receive a Section 56 exemption to grow hemp, as must everyone who handles the hemp plants before they are processed.

This same Section 56 exemption is also what is given to a medical marijuana patient who is accepted as valid by the feds.

The same Secton 56 exemption is also what the Vancouver Supervised Injection Site receives to stay open.

quote:

But one of the links from a website I looked at says: To purchase hemp seed for cultivation a licence is required from Health Canada.

I break the law! I am manager of the Vancouver Seed Bank ( http://www.VancouverSeedBank.ca ) and we sell all sorts of banned seeds. We sell marijuana seeds, hemp seeds, we also started selling coca seeds, and we sell tobacco seeds and opium oppy seeds too. (We also carry hundreds of varieties of vegetables, food plants and other useful legal plants.)

quote:
Grass dulls the senses,eliminates ambition and makes you a freaking zombie.

Here's what world renowned scientist, author and all-around genius Carl Sagan had to say about marijuana:

"I am convinced that there are genuine and valid levels of perception available with cannabis (and probably with other drugs) which are, through the defects of our society and our educational system, unavailable to us without such drugs. Such a remark applies not only to self-awareness and to intellectual pursuits, but also to perceptions of real people, a vastly enhanced sensitivity to facial expression, intonations, and choice of words which sometimes yields a rapport so close it's as if two people are reading each other's minds. "
-CARL SAGAN, in MARIJUANA RECONSIDERED

Here's a longer article about Carl Sagan and marijuana: http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2010.html

And here's a bunch of other world-famous scientists who were inspired by marijuana: http://www.cannabisculture.com/news/scientists

quote:

We don't put anyone in jail for smoking cigarettes!

quote:
as far as dana , he can tell you himself that they treat him as an unwanted reminder to jacks pot TV visit

For the past year I have been travelling to Provincial NDP conventions, where we have passed resolutions calling for legalized marijuana and and end to the drug war.

You can find all NDP resolutions on marijuana and drug policy here: http://www.endprohibition.ca/resolution.php

I have also signed up over 500 NDP members across Canada as End Prohibition members so we can keep up the pressure within the party.

quote:
director eNDProhibition.ca

Shavluk, you are no longer a director of End Prohibition and so you should take this off of your signature.

[ 04 February 2007: Message edited by: Dana Larsen ]

Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 04 February 2007 09:51 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Dana, thanks for your response. I'm fascinated by this discussion!
redflag
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12372

posted 04 February 2007 09:57 AM      Profile for redflag     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Dana,

We met at the convention in Ontario, and I signed your sheet asking to have the end prohibition resolutions considered sooner than they were originally prioritized. I also told everyone in the ONDY council that if they supported your cause then they ought to go out and help the cause out by signing your sheet.

I'm so glad that your continuing to pursue this issue because even though it isn't the most important cause within the NDP to me, it's still a very worthwhile endevour and a very progressive thing to pursue.

As such I applaud your hard work and will likely vote for your resolutions whenever they come up. Please don't let the nay sayers here get you down. Keep fighting for this, because it's the right thing to do and it's also going to be a lot easier in the long run for our party to pursue your proposals because they're so well thought out and researched.

Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 04 February 2007 10:17 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why growing hemp needs a license. You can't get high from the stuff, and hemp has a ton of uses. So, why? I'd love to grow it as a shading plant for my garden, but not if it's illegal to do so without a license.
Makwa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10724

posted 04 February 2007 10:29 AM      Profile for Makwa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
yes it is my belief that all drugs should be legalized, again any of you would believe the same if you had experienced what i have and come to realize that by doing so and stopping the cycle of violence, crime and lost lives and billions of your wasted insurance and tax dollars we would still then have to get down to dealing with our drug problem
hear, hear

From: Here at the glass - all the usual problems, the habitual farce | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 04 February 2007 04:34 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by M. Spector:
Yes, I have.

He was banned from babble under the name shavluk on August 16, 2006.

He promptly came back as kulvahs (clever, eh?) and was banned again for making racist comments on October 4, 2006.

Three weeks later he was back again, under his present handle.

Apparently it's acceptable for someone who has been banned repeatedly to re-register under a different name and carry on as if nothing happened.

i never made any racist remarks spectator
thats unfair

you are just rude and don't agree with what people like me believe
its OK that you dont , but please don't create garbage when none exists

walk a mile in my shoes before you just write someone like me off

you know what i have said happened to me and why i am doing what should be done by someone in this country
i have put my time and money where my mouth is,,do you?

why are you so threatened by my message?

pearlsbeforeswine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13412

posted 04 February 2007 04:44 PM      Profile for pearlsbeforeswine        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boom Boom:
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why growing hemp needs a license. You can't get high from the stuff, and hemp has a ton of uses. So, why? I'd love to grow it as a shading plant for my garden, but not if it's illegal to do so without a license.

pretty sad isn't it

and get this ,,they are busy trying to have other plants beneficial to humanity banned as well , mint, salvia(dana can list as i know he knows them and has shown he is here)

if anyone does bother to learn about this issue the insanity of what goes on keeps coming up

thanks for all of your comments and really all i am trying to do is expose this ridiculous policy in this day and age.

there are some that don't want people like me to speak up , but they are in the minority and usually the same ones trying to deny gay marriage or abortion rights and a host of other repressive policy 's designed to hurt people

or they are fools thinking 3 years is not enough time for a politician to keep his word

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 05 February 2007 12:44 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

Hemp cultivation in Canada is very tightly restricted. Have a criminal record? Then forget about growing hemp.

You even need to provide GPS coordinates for your crop. And if it tests 0.01% over the THC limit the entire crop is destroyed and you lose everything.

Hemp looks and smells just like marijuana, and if you grow it in your yard you could face policy troubles, and they won't care if you say it's "hemp" as it's all marijuana under the law.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 05 February 2007 12:57 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Frankly I am surprised the Green Party would accept Shavluk as a candidate.

Shavluk was an NDP member until the BC NDP Provincial Council recently decided to turn him down as a potential candidate in Delta for the coming federal election.

Shavluk only joined the Greens in the last couple of weeks, after the NDP turned him down, so I'm surprised the Greens would trust him to represent their party during an election campaign.

I actually think the Council should have accepted him as a potential NDP candidate, and let the people in his riding decide if they wanted him. But I can't really accuse the BC NDP provincial council of discriminating against "marijuana people" since I have been accepted as the federal NDP candidate for West Vancouver - Sunshine Coast, and I am an obvious stoner and outspoken pot activist who manages a store which sells marijuana seeds. (We also have a few other End Prohibition members who are likely to become NDP candidates as well.)

I've known Shavluk for some time, we worked together in the Marijuana Party and more recently the NDP. He is passionate and can be very articulate, but he also has a temper which gets the better of him, and he seems to take challenges and setbacks very personally. Both of those traits make it difficult to have a succesful career in politics.

However, I am glad to people working against the drug war in any party. So I wish Shavluk well and I hope he makes the Green Party proud.

quote:
a cooperative in BC with 20 acres can reinforce their cement with hemp stalks & fibers, & not ask for permission.

I think if you try growing 20 acres of hemp you will likely end up in jail. I still encourage you to try anyways, but "hemp" is legally the same as "marijuana."

Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 05 February 2007 01:07 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Who cares?

Of all the possible injustices to get all excited about this has got to be the dumbest.

It is my information that three people are in jail in Kingston on security certificates, and have been held without charge. trial, or even the right to see the information which has resulting in them being held for five years. They are now in the second month of a hunger strike.

I hope that puts your complaining about dope in perspective.

[ 05 February 2007: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 05 February 2007 01:42 AM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Who cares?

Of all the possible injustices to get all excited about this has got to be the dumbest.

It is my information that three people are in jail in Kingston on security certificates, and have been held without charge. trial, or even the right to see the information which has resulting in them being held for five years. They are now in the second month of a hunger strike.

I hope that puts your complaining about dope in perspective.

That is shocking and terrible that people are held without trial.

But Canadian Marc Emery is facing a mandatory minimum 10 years in a US jail for selling marijuana seeds. That's also shocking.

Around the world, the global drug war is a major source of war, violence, political instability and loss of civil rights.

The global drug war includes herbicide spraying campaigns in South America which poison water and kill livestock. It includes military campaigns which kill thousands. The war on drugs is deeply tied into what is happening now in Afghanistan, and many other global conflicts.

The war on drugs has resulted in America becoming the world's #1 jailer. In the US, there's thousands and thousands of cases of people suffering extremely long sentences for minor drug crimes, and Canada is heading in the same direction.

The work to end the drug war is not about me wanting to be able to smoke weed. I already smoke lots of marijuana. My efforts are to end the global drug war which results in a great deal of death, destruction, environmental degradation, and is a prime reason why we're seeing the expansion of the prison-industrial complex.

The "war on drugs" is a war against all of the world's most sacred and beneficial plants. Virtually all the plants banned by the war on drugs are considered sacred allies by some indigenous people. Coca, poppies, marijuana, psilocybe mushrooms, etc etc, are all wonderful, potent allies to humanity. The war on these plants is also a war to eradicate the cultures of many indigenous peoples, and to replace these medicinal plants (which should be free for anyone) with expensive, patented pharmaceutical medicines.

The war on drugs is also very racist and also classist. In the US especially, but in Canada too, the poor and minorities are vastly over-represented in the jails for these "victimless crimes".

The war on drugs is also a major cause of urban crimes, including theft when addicts steal to get money for their drugs, and gun crimes as gangs fight for turf.

There used to be laws in place which penalized people for having sex with someone of the same gender. Although homosexuals still suffer discrimination, there is no western nation which makes homosexuality illegal. But there are still many laws in place which penalize people for what they choose to grow in their garden, and it is government policy to put those people in jail.

Heck, it's even because of the war on drugs that we can't grow hemp in any significant way, which could definitely help us preserve our forests, enrich our diets, provide a great source of biofuels and even help us deal with the challenges of climate change.

These are just some of the reason why I care about ending the war on drugs.

Certainly the war on drugs is not the only issue facing the world. But I don't understand when people say that it is "not important."

Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 05 February 2007 04:22 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana Larsen:
The war on drugs has resulted in America becoming the world's #1 jailer. In the US, there's thousands and thousands of cases of people suffering extremely long sentences for minor drug crimes, and Canada is heading in the same direction.

This is likely a dumb question, and I should just google for an answer, but is there any difference between the Libs and Cons on this issue?

quelar
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2739

posted 05 February 2007 06:28 AM      Profile for quelar     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Couple of things,

#1 People lose credibility when they can't capitalize and punctuate, the rest of us do, why not get on board, let's not destroy the language any more.

#2 Pot Jokes, Pothead comments, stoner humour, etc is not only not funny, but offensive to people who use pot on a daily basis because of chronic pains or as a hunger enhancer due to aids or cancer cures. Decriminalization is NOT meant so that teachers can smoke between classes (which has NEVER been part of the discussion within reasonable circles).

#3 Decriminalization is the way to go, not legalization. We legalize and the government is going to step into the production side of things and tax the hell out of it, destroying a 4 - 7 BILLION Dollar Export Industry. . Legalization would lead to massive layoffs and a potential push from this mild industry into something more dangerous.

#4 The NDP, and Jack, want decriminalization. If you think differently go back and look at the statements by the party when the liberals were discussing decrim. They were entirely for it, and were planning on supporting the bill. The Conservatives on the other hand do NOT support decrim. So, is there a real different between Liberals and Conservatives? Maybe. We don't know how serious the Liberals are, as they didn't force it through when they could have, it may have been a red herring.

From: In Dig Nation | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boom Boom
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 7791

posted 05 February 2007 06:50 AM      Profile for Boom Boom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Disclaimer: I haven't done any illegal drugs since 1970 (and have no intention of ever doing so, again); however, I think drug laws in this country are insane. I'm thoroughly appalled at the situation south of the border. I think Canadian laws regarding Hemp are plain ludricous for a plant that doesn't get anyone high and has many beneficial uses.
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 05 February 2007 07:57 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

You're obviously not any less annoying now than you have been in the past under other user names. Please don't come back under any name.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brett Mann
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6441

posted 05 February 2007 10:25 AM      Profile for Brett Mann        Edit/Delete Post
Viewing this issue as simply about legalizing or decriminalizing marijuana tends to place this issue fairly low (like off the radar) on many people's progressive agenda. Viewing it as putting an end to the war on drugs elevates the issue to a top priority. The war on drugs is the cutting edge of fascism in America. It is absolutely central to the loss of civil liberties, freedom and justice in America, and paved the way for the final removal of civil rights protections under the banner of the war on terror. We in Canada are perpetuating a war on our own citizens under our current marijuana laws. This is unconscionable and obscene and must not be allowed to continue.

We have been lied to with our own tax dollars for decades. When I met with my local Conservative MP about this issue, he was more knowledgeable and sympathetic than I expected. He suggested marijuana advocates take out huge newspaper adds destroying the current myths about marijuana which keep us spinning our wheels. The more I think about it, the more I think he was right.

The struggle to legalize marijuana is a struggle not only for justice, but for an invaluable and abundant medicine. It is a struggle of truth against lies, and individual and collective will against multinational corporations. It is very difficult to exaggerate the harm that has been caused by the war on drugs. When the dots are all connected, it's not at all hard to argue that legalizing marijuana ought to have the highest priority with all progressive people and parties.

From: Prince Edward County ON | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cueball
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4790

posted 05 February 2007 11:09 AM      Profile for Cueball   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana Larsen:
But Canadian Marc Emery is facing a mandatory minimum 10 years in a US jail for selling marijuana seeds. That's also shocking.

First of all Emery actually did do something, which he knew very well might get him into trouble. Secondly he has been charged with an offence. Thirdly, he actively engaged in a for-profit business knowing that that buisness quite likely would contravene the laws of the country in which he was doing business, he chose to make a stand on his right to make money in the fashion he chose.

I personally think the charges and that the criminalization of marjiuana (and possibly any drug) are stupid, but in comparison to the Canadian goverment using Gestapo style policing methods, which come pretty close to dissapearing people, Emery's case is kindergarden stuff.

Further, although clever, reducing all the worlds problems to the issue of the criminalization of drugs is a ridiculous political motif upon which to hang your hat, so while agree that the War on Drugs is an egriegious abuse used primarily as a means of intimidating the poor of America, the reality is that it is designed to intimidate the poor, and the drug issue is really means not ends.

So long as you persist on trying to undermine the means of social control, as opposed to exposing the ends, and advocating for a real solution to the massive problem of the American poor you will be spinning your wheels, for the state will merely devise other means of instituting social control, in place of the War on Drugs, for instance the War on Terror, secret security certificates, and the like.

[ 05 February 2007: Message edited by: Cueball ]

From: Out from under the bridge and out for a stroll | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Phred
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9457

posted 05 February 2007 11:22 AM      Profile for Phred     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
When you consider pot is no more dangerous to your health than a glass of wine or beer and FAR less addictive than coffee or chocolate, it seems retarded to consider it such a bad drug.

Chocolate, coffee, cocaine, cigarettes, alcohol, heroin, video gaming, sex, marijuana and any other brain stimulating activity/substance all release the same feel-good chemicals. Some lead to worst things (cocaine and heroin) others are everyday social items - coffee, chocolate, video gaming and others (sex) are things hard-wired into us.

I mean really, pot is just another mild recreation drug for the most part. And just like wine, pot also has some good medicinal benefits as well.

I am totally for legalization! Control and tax it just like booze and cigarettes. Our tourism industry would increase 10 fold and the extra revenue could go towards treating drug addictions as well as supporting more enforcement for serious drugs like ecstasy, heroin, blow and meth.

Bottom line.. the stuff is grown here and easily acquired so people are going to do it no matter what. Why give organized crime (and who ever else peddles in it) all the money when it could go back into system. Blow and heroin HAVE to be imported and those are serious drugs that lead to serious consequence. Wanna get tough on something.. get tough on those.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 22 February 2007 10:51 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
First of all Emery actually did do something, which he knew very well might get him into trouble. Secondly he has been charged with an offence. Thirdly, he actively engaged in a for-profit business knowing that that buisness quite likely would contravene the laws of the country in which he was doing business, he chose to make a stand on his right to make money in the fashion he chose.[quote]

What I think is important about the Emery case is that the Canadian government is refusing to lay any charges in Canada. The feds have blocked prosecution of Emery under Canadian law. He should be charged in Canada with exportation of marijuana seeds.

By refusing to law charges in Canada, the Canadian government is saying that US law trumps Canadian law on Canadian soil. That is a very bad precedent.

[quote]I personally think the charges and that the criminalization of marjiuana (and possibly any drug) are stupid, but in comparison to the Canadian goverment using Gestapo style policing methods, which come pretty close to dissapearing people, Emery's case is kindergarden stuff.

I don't want to get into a debate about who is being oppressed more. But I think we can agree that the "war on drugs" is a huge cause of harm, that it results in many Canadians being jailed and crimiunalized needlessly, that it costs billions of dollars, and that the drug war has been the prescursor for the current "war on terror."

I don't think that 30 years in jail for selling a seed can be called "kindergarten stuff." And of course Emery is only one of many many more people who suffer in silence because they are not high-profile like Emery is.

quote:
Further, although clever, reducing all the worlds problems to the issue of the criminalization of drugs is a ridiculous political motif upon which to hang your hat

I am not trying to be "clever". I never said that the all the world's woes were because of the drug war. I do think that the "drug war" is far more harmful and pervasive than most people realize. I don't think working to end the drug war is "ridiculous" any more than focussing on any other social issue.

Not all the world's problems are caused by racism or sexism either, but it is very worthwhile for people to work to end those social problems is it not?

quote:
This is likely a dumb question, and I should just google for an answer, but is there any difference between the Libs and Cons on this issue?

As with most issues, the Liberals cover the whole spectrum. Some Liberals say they want decrim, other Liberals are calling for mandatory 3-year jail sentences for growing 3 cannabis plants.

The Conservatives want more mandatory minimums, and basically want to import even more of the US war on drugs.

As with many issues, I say that the Conservatives are just Liberals in a hurry. Both are taking this country in the same direction.

Dana Larsen
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10033

posted 22 February 2007 11:09 PM      Profile for Dana Larsen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
#3 Decriminalization is the way to go, not legalization. We legalize and the government is going to step into the production side of things and tax the hell out of it, destroying a 4 - 7 BILLION Dollar Export Industry. . Legalization would lead to massive layoffs and a potential push from this mild industry into something more dangerous.

I think the terms "decriminalization" and "legalization" are confusing and mean different things to different people.

The Liberal "decrim" bill would have made possesion of cannabis into a ticketing offence, with a substantial fine. It would also have increased penalties for growing or selling marijuana.

To me, this is a hypocritical solution which would make things worse. How can our society say you can possess an item, but you cannot produce it or buy it?

The NDP has generally said that there needs to be a legal way for Canadian adults to have access to cannabis. So there needs to be a taxed and regulated supply.

"The Federal NDP will continue to push for changes to the marijuana laws when Parliament resumes this fall. These will include: amnesty for past possession convictions, reduction or elimination of fines for personal possession, and non-punitive measures for personal cultivation. " -- Libby Davies, Sept 2004

I advocate that Canadian adults should be able to grow a limited quantity of cannabis for their own personal use, and there should be licensed production of cannabis which is sold to adults in cafes and through liquor stores.

quote:
#4 The NDP, and Jack, want decriminalization. If you think differently go back and look at the statements by the party when the liberals were discussing decrim. They were entirely for it, and were planning on supporting the bill.

You can read the NDP statement on that decrim bill here: http://www.ndp.ca/page/1277

This is what it says: "The federal NDP opposes this Bill because it falls short of the government's promises of decriminalization."

The NDP was pushing for the bill to be amended, so that cultivation of up to 5 plants would be legalized, along with possession of up to 30 grams of dried marijuana.

You can read dozens of quotes from various provincial and federal NDP MPs and MLAs at this link: http://www.cannabisculture.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1192435

quote:
So, is there a real different between Liberals and Conservatives? Maybe. We don't know how serious the Liberals are, as they didn't force it through when they could have, it may have been a red herring.

Liberals have been promising to "decriminalize" marijuana since 1996, when they passed our current drug law, the "Controlled Drugs and Substances Act."

When passing that law, which was opposed by almost every single group that testified before Parliament, the Liberals claimed that it was going to "decriminalize" marijuana, and then for 10 years they promised they were just about to decriminalize marijuana. But it never happened, and I believe they had no intention of ever passing a decrim bill.

Under the long Liberal rule, this country saw the drug war get steadily more severe and vicious.

dorito fishbowl
recent-rabble-rouser
Babbler # 15582

posted 29 September 2008 02:33 PM      Profile for dorito fishbowl        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by clandestiny:
the pro cannabis forces should bring up the 'pot cures seasickness' factoid while 2nd world warriors, many whom crossed seas on ships, suffered hugely from motion illness when it not necessary(?) & are STILL ALIVE! they should get mad at idea they were pawns in 'war on drugs' nonsense...also:
>it was marijuana induced consciousness that has caused many otherwised doom to go straight ie quit smoking, drinking and other self desttructive excesses. And the anti-pot side has the 'war in iraq' hung like a daid chicken around its neck now (a chicken killin' dog sometimes has ONE dead chicken tied smartly to its neck; the thing rots horribly and breaks dog's appetite for 'chicken)..ALREADY!
keeping pot illegal seems to be a hallmark of the rightwingnuttery

have you considered the fact that the noosemedia are members of a privied few?? iow CONSERVATIVES! YOU have NADA to with it! i know where you live. stay out of my neighbourhood.

kropotkin1951
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2732

posted 29 September 2008 02:36 PM      Profile for kropotkin1951   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Please try debating and stop threatening other posters it is really annoying no matter what the other poster has said.
From: North of Manifest Destiny | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 29 September 2008 03:11 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by dorito fishbowl:
have you considered the fact that the noosemedia are members of a privied few?? iow CONSERVATIVES! YOU have NADA to with it! i know where you live. stay out of my neighbourhood.

Uh, yeah. K, bye!

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
djelimon
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 13855

posted 29 September 2008 03:18 PM      Profile for djelimon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Centerfield, quit trolling, or if you aren't trolling read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729_pf.html

It's the Washington post, not exactly High Times.

As for the zombie charge, I know you're just trolling there. Have you any idea how many Canadians smoke marijuana?

about 16% - 4 times the world average

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/07/09/canada-cannabis.html?ref=rss

If half the Reagan-era agitprop were true, our economy would not even function.

Personally I think smoking can still give you bronchitis, but the ones in the know vaporize:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070515151145.htm

*awaits next stupid pothead "joke" instead of any kind of rational answer

From: Hamilton, Ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
RevolutionPlease
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 14629

posted 29 September 2008 03:25 PM      Profile for RevolutionPlease     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Any chance we could also lose the all-cap thread title?
Pogo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2999

posted 29 September 2008 03:38 PM      Profile for Pogo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote:
"The gays"?

You never cease to amaze me. What perserverance! I gave up reading the posts after about the third and just scrolled down to see if the comments were interesting.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca