babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » What ever happened to Joan Russow?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: What ever happened to Joan Russow?
Matt_Risser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11800

posted 01 April 2006 04:55 PM      Profile for Matt_Risser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Dr. Joan Russow was the former leader of the Greens who joined the NDP a couple of years ago so why haven't we heard anything about her since, I'm surprised the NDP didn't encourage her to run in the 2006 election so does anyone have any info on her?
From: Lunenburg, NS | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
V. Jara
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9193

posted 02 April 2006 01:58 AM      Profile for V. Jara     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
She lives in Victoria, but seems to have mostly retired from political life. During the last two elections the media has sought her out for comment a couple of times on her support of the NDP and she has been quoted in some NDP publications I think.
Matt_Risser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11800

posted 02 April 2006 02:28 PM      Profile for Matt_Risser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So she has no intent to run again, that really surprises me.
From: Lunenburg, NS | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 03 April 2006 01:59 AM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Also, since the NDP holds the Victoria seat it would be somewhat difficult for her to run there. I suppose she could theoretically run in one of the neighbouring seats, but Randall Garisson in Esquimalt-Juan De Fuca came relativley close last two times, and she'd be in pretty tough against Keith Martin anyways (for some reason he's popular). And Jennifer Burgis improved significantly from her last run, but Saanich-Gulf Islands leans Tory anyways, and Gary Lunn is a cabinet minister now (for some reason).

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca