babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » TORY POPULARITY INCREASING

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: TORY POPULARITY INCREASING
Andy (Andrew)
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10884

posted 29 March 2006 09:45 PM      Profile for Andy (Andrew)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
URL won't fit, it's gone. Sorry

[ 29 March 2006: Message edited by: Andy (Andrew) ]

Aristotleded24
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9327

posted 29 March 2006 09:46 PM      Profile for Aristotleded24   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sidescroll alert!
Gir Draxon
leftist-rightie and rightist-leftie
Babbler # 3804

posted 30 March 2006 01:35 AM      Profile for Gir Draxon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Andrew- www.tinyurl.com
From: Arkham Asylum | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
V. Jara
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9193

posted 30 March 2006 01:58 AM      Profile for V. Jara     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Decima- NDP
Quebec 13%
Ontario 20%

Fidel
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5594

posted 30 March 2006 07:17 AM      Profile for Fidel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I can imagine how they might have posed a question like that.

"Do you prefer ice cream, puppies and the federal Tories to sticking pins in your eyes?.

From: Viva La Revolución | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 30 March 2006 02:53 PM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fidel:
I can imagine how they might have posed a question like that.

"Do you prefer ice cream, puppies and the federal Tories to sticking pins in your eyes?.

How sharp are the pins?

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erstwhile
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4845

posted 30 March 2006 02:57 PM      Profile for Erstwhile     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
And, like, do you have to poke the pins into both your eyes at once? Do you have to poke the retina, or can you poke the whites? How quickly is medical attention available?
From: Deepest Darkest Saskabush | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anti-Totalitarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5438

posted 01 April 2006 09:53 PM      Profile for Anti-Totalitarian        Edit/Delete Post
It's funny the way some of you people react to certain news. Retain in your memory that I support no mainstream political party before continuing to read.
It's hilarious the way you slag every poll which shows the Conservatives doing well yet turn around and praise every poll which shows an improved NDP showing. Somehow the polls that show the NDP doing better are accurate and well-worded but the ones showing the Conservatives gaining strength are suspect and utilize trickery.
What a bunch of hypocrites.

From: somewhere in subspace | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 01 April 2006 10:58 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh, dear people responding more postivley to news they like, as opposed to responding less seriously to news they don't like. W-h-a-t-a-s-u-p-r-i-s-i-n-g-p-h-e-n-o-m-e-n-o-n. W-h-y-y-o-u-h-a-v-e-m-a-d-e-s-u-c-h-a-n-i-n-t-e-l-l-g-e-n-t o-b-s-e-r-v-a-t-i-o-n-t-h-a-t-N-O-O-N-E-e-l-s-e-h-a-s m-a-d-e-b-e-f-o-r-e. Why human nature, parish the thought. I think you are a genius. Wait, no, a capital G-genius.

And after an election no doubt, when everyone is probably tired of polls, unless they're are WILD SWINGS IN SUPPORT. Holy crap! " " You sure are making a case to join mensa. *Thumbs Up* " " It appears you've unconvered the conspiracy. *Thumbs Up*

[ 01 April 2006: Message edited by: Vansterdam Kid ]

Anti-Totalitarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5438

posted 01 April 2006 11:00 PM      Profile for Anti-Totalitarian        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vansterdam Kid:
Oh, dear people responding more postivley to news they like, as opposed to responding less seriously to news they don't like. W-h-a-t-a-s-u-p-r-i-s-i-n-g-p-h-e-n-o-m-e-n-o-n. W-h-y-y-o-u-h-a-v-e-m-a-d-e-s-u-c-h-a-n-i-n-t-e-l-l-g-e-n-t o-b-s-e-r-v-a-t-i-o-n-t-h-a-t-N-O-O-N-E-e-l-s-e-h-a-s m-a-d-e-b-e-f-o-r-e. Why human nature, parish the thought. I think you are a genius. Wait, no, a capital G-genius.

It doesn't take much to provoke a reply from the children of the forum.

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 01 April 2006 11:01 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I like it when someone fishes for a response, and then makes a comment saying "har-di-har-har, see you people are AWEFUL". It's my favourite phenomenon. " "
Anti-Totalitarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5438

posted 01 April 2006 11:03 PM      Profile for Anti-Totalitarian        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I like it when someone fishes for a response, and then makes a comment saying "har-di-har-har, see you people are AWEFUL". It's my favourite phenomenon. " "

Your glibness would make you a perfect candidate for talk show host on FOX News.

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 01 April 2006 11:05 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Why, Sir, I think you have misunderstood me. I for one am totally shocked and appaulled, but I'm busy so I must leave you to your own devices. Never forget to keep undercovering those conspiracies, "they" would "get away with it" if you wern't there to expose "their" dripping hypocracy. " "
Anti-Totalitarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5438

posted 01 April 2006 11:07 PM      Profile for Anti-Totalitarian        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Why, Sir, I think you have misunderstood me. I for one am totally shocked and appaulled, but I'm busy so I must leave you to your own devices. Never forget to keep undercovering those conspiracies, "they" would "get away with it" if you wern't there to expose "their" dripping hypocracy. " "

OK Mr. Hannity...or is it Mr. O'Reilly?

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 01 April 2006 11:21 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Before I leave I must point out that if I were either one of those, this would not be my behaviour at all. If I were Bill O'Riley I would yell at you. If I was Sean Hannity, and you had big breasts, I would ogle you and then say "your my favourite congressperson", whilst sprouting far-right slogans of course. So while I do give you an A for effort, you'll have to come up with a more accurate insult, as it just doesn't really fit. Although, if you wish, and aren't very creative tonight, I could insist that side walks be privitized so you could have fun with that. After all that seems pretty far-right-wing, yes.

Although I suppose that's not fitting in with your i-found-the-hypocracy motif, so you may suggest something else for when I return.

[ 01 April 2006: Message edited by: Vansterdam Kid ]

Wee Mousie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 12266

posted 01 April 2006 11:22 PM      Profile for Wee Mousie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I take it that this is what the discussion is about.
quote:
Tory popularity increasing, poll suggests
Mar. 29, 2006.
Canadian Press
. . . The survey by Decima Research put support for Stephen Harper's Conservatives at 39 per cent nationally, up almost three points from their percentage of the popular vote in the Jan. 23 election. . .

. . . The poll of 1,012 respondents was conducted over four days, through Sunday, and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 per cent, 19 times out of 20. . .

What can I say in the face of such an overwhelming surge of support?

[ 01 April 2006: Message edited by: Wee Mousie ]

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 01 April 2006 11:24 PM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with the methadology, it's not particularly big news though, I'm just being sarcastic tis all.
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 01 April 2006 11:28 PM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Totalitarian:
It doesn't take much to provoke a reply from the children of the forum.

Fortunate for you, that, considering your capabilities.

From: Gone for good | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anti-Totalitarian
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5438

posted 01 April 2006 11:32 PM      Profile for Anti-Totalitarian        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reality. Bites.:

Fortunate for you, that, considering your capabilities.

You know all about my "capabilities", do you?
The arrogance of the loony left exceeds only your hypocrisy. You're just as bad, if not worse, than the extreme right for hyperbole, childishness, and a foolish, swaggering superciliousness.
If nothing else, your type makes me smile.

TweakedEnigma
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10847

posted 01 April 2006 11:38 PM      Profile for TweakedEnigma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

The arrogance of the loony left exceeds only your hypocrisy. You're just as bad, if not worse, than the extreme right for hyperbole, childishness, and a foolish, swaggering superciliousness.

I would ask Both sides to Hold Anti has a point many of us here do react that way & sure I see that stating so could be fishing for a reply but come on people even if that was his intent and I dont think it was why would you add fuel to the fire?

From: Fredericton, NB | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
IgnoramusMaximus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 11551

posted 02 April 2006 01:50 AM      Profile for IgnoramusMaximus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

I take it then that our Anti-Totalitarian is one of them "Libertarians", dudes to whom everyone, except their lonesome selves, are "childlish, foolish" and prone to using "hyperbole", although these vices pale when compared to the stubborn refusal of these malcontents to drop dead, submit into servitude, or otherwise get out of the Librertarian heros' way to achieving "utimate personal liberty" followed by unimaginable wealth. Or was that unimaginable wealth followed by pesonal liberty? Or were they one and the same? It is rather hard to keep up with these things.

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 02 April 2006 05:49 AM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Ha! Yeah, I thought I'd play around with him, since he was sounded so moralistic in his judgement, of criticizing the moralism inherent in "extremists", which is intresting as I only remember ever talking to the fellow one other time, and he has no actual idea what my ideological positioning (in general) is. (Which just happens to be moderatley centre-left, but whatever.)
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 02 April 2006 06:14 AM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post
quote:

Hookers talk.

Vansterdam Kid
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5474

posted 02 April 2006 06:19 AM      Profile for Vansterdam Kid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The only reason you said that is because you want to be more of a "loony left extremist" then me!
Reality. Bites.
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6718

posted 02 April 2006 06:33 AM      Profile for Reality. Bites.        Edit/Delete Post
No, it's that being gay I enjoy screwing around with assholes and getting them all hot and bothered.
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 02 April 2006 08:06 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
What a bunch of hypocrites.

What is your problem? You write something like this, get a sarcastic response, and then talk about how everyone is immature. Chill out, and quit trolling with rude generalizations like this about the community you're talking with.

I'm closing this since there's no link on the opening post and it's just degenerated into a slingfest anyhow.

[ 02 April 2006: Message edited by: Michelle ]

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca