babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Provincial Health Systems: BC Best, Manitoba Worst

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Provincial Health Systems: BC Best, Manitoba Worst
Aristotleded24
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9327

posted 02 February 2006 02:54 PM      Profile for Aristotleded24   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So says the Conference Board of Canada:

quote:
The report assesses the provinces based on 70 health indicators in three broad categories: health status indicators that measure the overall health of a population; health-care outcome indicators, which track the effects of policies and programs on quality of life; and, health-care utilization and performance indicators that measure the public’s perception of the system in their province.

The overall provincial rankings are as follows:

British Columbia

Alberta

Saskatchewan

Ontario

Quebec

New Brunswick

Prince Edward Island

Newfoundland and Labrador/Nova Scotia

Manitoba

Anyone know more about this?

Stockholm
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3138

posted 02 February 2006 03:00 PM      Profile for Stockholm     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It seems ironic that BC has a rightwing slash and burn provincial government and is at the top of the list while Manitoba has an NDP government and is at the bottom.
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 02 February 2006 03:04 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Not necessarily ironic, given the source. Does the Conference Board of Canada believe in public services?
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2210

posted 02 February 2006 03:05 PM      Profile for Amy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'll make sure that I remind the next person I know who has to take a cab to the next town for an open ER that BC has the best medical system. That'll make them feel better, eh?

I detect an agenda here.

From: the whole town erupts and/ bursts into flame | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Phred
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 9457

posted 03 February 2006 12:33 PM      Profile for Phred     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I hope this somehow goes towards including alternative medicine in the each provinces medicare system. I feel so ripped off at the fact that it costs $2,242 for the government to cover my health expenses in Ontario when I recieve all medical attention from alternative practioners which have to come out of my pocket. I would LOVE to see that cover ALL spectrums of the system.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca