FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Woe is me!:(

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Woe is me!:(
CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 20 October 2005 09:56 PM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I've been thinking about the left.
Manly about the fact that most of the left-wing Vanguardists(is that an actual word?) I.e. Judy Rebick Steady Ed, Stephen Lewis et al, are venerable and their doesn't seem to be anyone my age (or younger) willing to pick up the political torch and run with it. I am the first to admit that I have very a very limited experience of the world. In my 24 short years I haven't been outside Fernie a lot, but I get the feeling that my contemporaries are more concerned with legalizing pot and gay marriage, then they are about the really blow -your- socks off- all inclusive political issues like unionizing sweatshops around the globe or saving are healthcare system. Even those who are politically aware and active don't seem to want to descend into the belly of the beast and fight for change from the inside. No one to make inspiring speeches, no one to pass important legislation. There seem to be plenty of activists among my fellows, but no parliamentarians. If we are to make war on the right, we need both.

From: Just outside Fernie, British Columbia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Makwa
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 10724

posted 20 October 2005 10:18 PM      Profile for Makwa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by CMOT Dibbler:
Even those who are politically aware and active don't seem to want to descend into the belly of the beast and fight for change from the inside. No one to make inspiring speeches, no one to pass important legislation. There seem to be plenty of activists among my fellows, but no parliamentarians. If we are to make war on the right, we need both.
Ga head, Cut Me Own Throat, step up to the plate. You would rock da howse.

From: Here at the glass - all the usual problems, the habitual farce | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 21 October 2005 12:02 AM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I don't have a law degree, and it's not something I plan on getting.
How am I to descend if I'm not a laywer?

From: Just outside Fernie, British Columbia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 21 October 2005 12:33 AM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Ga head, Cut Me Own Throat, step up to the plate. You would rock da howse.

But that's just the point. I shouldn't be the only one willing to step up. How many others would be willing to stand with me? How big is the NDP's youth wing?

thorin_bane
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6194

posted 21 October 2005 07:07 PM      Profile for thorin_bane     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Did you see Peirre Ducasse at the leadership debates. He was really on fire and gives trudeau-esq ue firey speaches. Sadly he doesn't have the all impotant "looks good in front of a camera". He has some interesting ideas and at least gets the mind thinking about new approaches to old problems. I also think that there isn't the appitite to battle on from a further left P.O.V. If we could set up a Far left party to make the NDP look more centrist without drawing off too many votes, it would shift the dynamics of the country until the NDP looks moderate or right even and the far left as slightly leftwing. Fisrt thing is people have to be de-programmed from all the right wing that is thrown at them from birth till present, That is a lot of brainwashing to get rid of.
From: Looking at the despair of Detroit from across the river! | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CMOT Dibbler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4117

posted 21 October 2005 08:37 PM      Profile for CMOT Dibbler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Sadly he doesn't have the all impotant "looks good in front of a camera".

Really? I think he's quite good looking.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca