babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Harper Arrogance Starting To Surface

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Harper Arrogance Starting To Surface
Brutus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5073

posted 16 June 2004 06:08 PM      Profile for Brutus        Edit/Delete Post
I got dumped on for pointing out Harper's arrogance!

Today he stated this " Martin is nothing!"

Plus he is now predicting a majority! Remind you of anyone? Stockwell day?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/CanadaVotes/2004/06/16/502014-cp.html

Keep it up Mr. Harper keep showing all Canadians the real Harper!

HeywoodFloyd
token right-wing mascot
Babbler # 4226

posted 16 June 2004 06:16 PM      Profile for HeywoodFloyd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You do realize that the quote " Martin is nothing!" is not in the article you linked to.
From: Edmonton: This place sucks | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brutus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5073

posted 16 June 2004 06:22 PM      Profile for Brutus        Edit/Delete Post
No it is not I just heard him say that on T.V. as a matter of fact while I was typing my message.

Want to argue the point that he is predicting a majority?

swallow
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2659

posted 16 June 2004 06:25 PM      Profile for swallow     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Wasn't the full quote "Ricky Martin is nothing more than the devil's superstar?"
From: fast-tracked for excommunication | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 16 June 2004 06:28 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The Bible tells us that Lucifer was an angel of light. It was he that sat by God's side, and strummed a sacred guitar before legions of angels. It was he who was in charge of organizing Heaven's Hymnals. But he fell from Glory, and since that fateful day he has been nothing but a boil on the backside of every God fearing American Citizen in this country. As Christians we need to keep our eyes peeled open for the Devil's next move. He's a slick one, but for the Christ-centered man, he's easy to catch. Recently, Satan has begun to raise the stakes in the Holy Culture War in which we are currently engaged.

Is this from the Harper article or the Ricky Martin one? I can't tell.

From: What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow / Out of this stony rubbish? | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
HeywoodFloyd
token right-wing mascot
Babbler # 4226

posted 16 June 2004 06:29 PM      Profile for HeywoodFloyd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Nope. Want to argue the fact that I predicted one earlier this week too?
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 16 June 2004 06:30 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Wasn't the full quote "Ricky Martin is nothing more than the devil's superstar?"

Or "Kellie Martin is nothing like the not-quite-a-doctor she plays on NBC's ER this season"?

I suspect one could play this game for hours.

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lard Tunderin' Jeezus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1275

posted 16 June 2004 06:38 PM      Profile for Lard Tunderin' Jeezus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
...or this tune, perhaps?
quote:
Something's wrong 'cause my mind is fading
Ghetto blastin', disintegrating
Rock and roll, know what I'm saying?
And everywhere I look there's a devil in waiting

Got a devil's haircut in my mind

[ 16 June 2004: Message edited by: Lard tunderin' jeesus ]

'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 16 June 2004 06:41 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
You know LTJ, until just this moment I'd never paid much attention to those lyrics. Distinctly odd.
From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
scooter
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5548

posted 16 June 2004 07:12 PM      Profile for scooter     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

No no no...it was.

Dean Martin is nothing without me. Jerry Lewis, 1973

[ 16 June 2004: Message edited by: scooter ]

vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 16 June 2004 07:30 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
I got dumped on for pointing out Harper's arrogance!
What arrogance! Brutus, cannot find your thread but did find this on Canoe:
quote:
Buoyed by his boisterous performance in the televised debate the night before, Layton looked ahead to election results where the NDP could be a major player, either as a power-broker or in a strong opposition. ...

NDP Leader Jack Layton waves to the crowd as he arrives to a campaign event at Dunn's restaurant in Ottawa. (CP PHOTO/ Tobin Grimshaw)
WINNIPEG (CP) - Jack Layton sharpened his focus Wednesday on the key role New Democrats could play in a minority government, pushing a new campaign theme that Canadians should give the left-wing party a "central role" in a split Parliament.

Buoyed by his boisterous performance in the televised debate the night before, Layton looked ahead to election results where the NDP could be a major player, either as a power-broker or in a strong opposition. While Layton declined to discuss which parties the NDP could work with in a minority situation, one of his MPs was less equivocal.

"I'd rather not breathe the same air as Tories, never mind support them in a government," said Pat Martin who is running for re-election in Winnipeg Centre.

"So I mean it would be virtually impossible for me, but I leave that to others, really. I just want to win this seat."

Layton ignored flat recent poll results for the NDP and maintained the party could still squeeze out a minority win.

"What I said was that we're looking for a central role. My preference would be to lead a government," Layton said.

"It could be an NDP minority government. That would allow us to enthusiastically pursue our ideas. Or it could be in a Parliament with a variety of parties who have to work together." ...

Layton promised to draw a clearer picture of the demands the NDP would make if it held a balance of power, but he dropped some hints Wednesday.

"Over the coming weeks, we'll talk a lot more about what we will be fighting for if Canadians give us that central role in Parliament, like Kyoto and protecting the environment, like keeping health care public, and non-profit," Layton told supporters at a packed breakfast rally in Ottawa.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/CanadaVotes/2004/06/16/501922-cp.html

[ 16 June 2004: Message edited by: vaudree ]

From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brutus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5073

posted 16 June 2004 10:44 PM      Profile for Brutus        Edit/Delete Post
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/CanadaVotes/2004/06/16/502014-cp.html

Harper predicts Tory majority

By MARTIN O'HANLON

Harper asks Canadians for 'strong mandate'

(CP) -- Stephen Harper, bolstered by a solid debate performance and sounding very much like a front-runner, returned to the hustings Wednesday predicting a Conservative majority June 28.

Brutus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5073

posted 17 June 2004 12:06 AM      Profile for Brutus        Edit/Delete Post
Harper's latest arrogant statement " There are no safe seats for the Liberals anywhere!"

Keep it up Mr.Harper!

HeywoodFloyd
token right-wing mascot
Babbler # 4226

posted 17 June 2004 12:29 AM      Profile for HeywoodFloyd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Don't you just hate knowing he's right.
arborman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4372

posted 17 June 2004 01:39 AM      Profile for arborman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I hate the possibility of him being right, though I know he isn't.

It will take the NDP government that replaces him after the trial 10 years to fix all the damage.

From: I'm a solipsist - isn't everyone? | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jacob Two-Two
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2092

posted 17 June 2004 04:11 AM      Profile for Jacob Two-Two     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Poor conservatives. There's gonna be some long faces on election day. "Hey! What happened to our majority?"

Then the knives come out. creating outrageous expectations is a dangerous thing, especially with your crowd.

From: There is but one Gord and Moolah is his profit | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
steffie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3826

posted 17 June 2004 05:16 PM      Profile for steffie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Does anybody else have the same eerie "something evil this way comes" feeling as when GWB took office?

*cue the foreboding music*

From: What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow / Out of this stony rubbish? | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 17 June 2004 05:29 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Harper's latest arrogant statement " There are no safe seats for the Liberals anywhere!"
And that includes Quebec - Harpers said today.

Empiror Harper tells us he is wearing a cloak that says "Made in Quebec" but all I can see is his George Bush boxers.

From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
arborman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4372

posted 17 June 2004 06:27 PM      Profile for arborman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I can just see the outrage when they don't get the majority.

"We paid good money for this! Where are the obedient sheeple we were promised?"

They may get a minority government, which won't last long. The loonies who seem to lack the capacity for complex thought would decide it was their opportunity to force through all their God-kissed ideas. Failing that, internal turmoil. 1 deficit and they fall apart.

From: I'm a solipsist - isn't everyone? | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
No Yards
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4169

posted 17 June 2004 06:46 PM      Profile for No Yards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Right on cue . . . Ralphie opens his big stupid mouth and exposes the hidden agenda!!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Ralphs big old stupid mouth?

From: Defending traditional marriage since June 28, 2005 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
canadianpatriot
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4556

posted 17 June 2004 08:53 PM      Profile for canadianpatriot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Hmm
From: National Capital | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Primate1
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 6100

posted 19 June 2004 01:57 PM      Profile for Primate1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lard tunderin' jeesus:
http://www.ftlcomm.com/ensign/editorials/LTE/thomson/thomson002/cover.jpg

Is it just me or does Harper seem to be quite smitten in that picture?

DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 19 June 2004 03:29 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by No Yards:
Right on cue . . . Ralphie opens his big stupid mouth and exposes the hidden agenda!!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Ralphs big old stupid mouth?

Er, I don't see an actual quote by Ralph Klein in that article.

From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 19 June 2004 03:41 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think what is being referred to is Klein's announcement that he's going to introduce major changes to the Alberta health care system two days after the election.
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 19 June 2004 03:45 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Teach me to read news articles before taking my allergy medication.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 19 June 2004 05:06 PM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Primate1:
Is it just me or does Harper seem to be quite smitten in that picture?
Absolutely! No wonder there were wedding bells for Harper and MacKay.

Brutus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5073

posted 20 June 2004 09:29 AM      Profile for Brutus        Edit/Delete Post
Harper is probably thinking Peter your the nicest lap dog ever!

Even better than George Bush's lap dog Tony Blair!

Oh George is going to be so jealous when he sees my lap dog!

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca