FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Liberal forum

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Liberal forum
Jean Seb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5085

posted 29 May 2004 03:11 PM      Profile for Jean Seb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The NDP got Rabble, the CPC got Free Dominion.. does the liberal party have an equivalent cheerleader on the Internet?
Holy Holy Holy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3711

posted 29 May 2004 04:14 PM      Profile for Holy Holy Holy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What would they call it?

www.snivellingweasels.com?
www.corruption.com?
www.Ijoinedthispartytomakeconnectionsandgetaheadandnowtheyaregettingtheirasseskicked.com?

pogge
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2440

posted 29 May 2004 04:17 PM      Profile for pogge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Sidescroll is evil.
From: Why is this a required field? | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4143

posted 29 May 2004 04:20 PM      Profile for Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Jean, in my experience Liberals are just not well-represented online.

As you know, a lot of people on FreeDominion used to post on the CBC forums which were "non-denominational." There were NDPers, PCers and loads and loads of Reformers, but a Liberal was rare indeed.

These forums appeal to discontented people, while Liberals are by definition pretty satisfied with the status quo.

If you want to find Liberals, go to forums devoted to non-political subjects and when politics comes up, a couple may own up to it.

From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
NDP Newbie
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5089

posted 29 May 2004 04:36 PM      Profile for NDP Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm beginning to think the Reformatories were right (in 2000) about scrapping the CBC: They're so fucking incompetent that their forums have been down for over a month.

I've sene better administration on just about every hobby site run by a single webmaster.

But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised...

It's run by supporters of the same party that produces (supposedly) shitty marijuana costing Canadian citizens nearly $500/gram produced.

[ 29 May 2004: Message edited by: NDP Newbie ]

Holy Holy Holy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3711

posted 29 May 2004 05:17 PM      Profile for Holy Holy Holy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slim:
Sidescroll is evil.
So is the Liberal party.

simonvallee
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5141

posted 29 May 2004 06:44 PM      Profile for simonvallee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
From what I've seen, Liberals aren't well represented in any politically-active area because their supporters normally aren't into politics. Many vote Liberal because their father and mother voted Liberal and it wouldn't cross their minds in a thousand years of not voting Liberal. This is quite an irony, because those people go and vote every election, they are extremely loyal supporters, but they haven't the least interest in politics and often don't really know what they're voting for, nor do they care.

So when you go on political forums on the net, where people go because politics interest them and because they care about the party they're voting for, the number of Liberals is at an all-time low. Even when they are there, they normally won't be good debaters, they'll stick to insulting other parties and their supporters and will avoid any frank policy discussion.

For example, on politiquébec, there is someone named R, who has perhaps the highest number of messages of all the members, but his messages are nothing but a long list of smilies and insults thrown to the "séparatisss" and could be summed as "Everything the PQ/Bloc does is wrong". He's an outspoken liberal.

From: Boucherville, Québec | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 29 May 2004 06:56 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
From what I've seen, Liberals aren't well represented in any politically-active area because their supporters normally aren't into politics.

As if that's supposed to be some sort of failing. Look, Simon, I come from a long line of Liberals of exactly the type you love to disdain, but I would say our interest is not so much being focussed on insulting other people as recognising the futility of ideological strictures and "big ideas". That's as valid a world-view as any other.

And your pot "R", sounds like a troll.

[ 29 May 2004: Message edited by: Hinterland ]

From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jean Seb
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5085

posted 29 May 2004 07:01 PM      Profile for Jean Seb     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Well someone recomened going to a non political forum..i've gone to a video game forum, in the canadian section (www.gamefaqs.com, in case anyone cares)

Theyre was a little survey about the political leanings of the posters

Results were

Lib 9
Cons 10
NDP 4
Bloc 2
Other 6

The audience of that forum is fairly young (below 18 for the most part)

wei-chi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2799

posted 29 May 2004 09:34 PM      Profile for wei-chi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I thought everything the BQ/PQ did WAS wrong.
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 29 May 2004 09:38 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
The BQ and the PQ are not comparable. I voted PQ in the last election because they are a better government for Québec..always have been. I wouldn't vote BQ unless you paid me to, and then sent big, hunky BQ "canvassers" to my house to personally, and forcefully, convince me, over and over again, that the BQ were the best federal altern...

...what was I talking about again?

[ 29 May 2004: Message edited by: Hinterland ]

From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brutus
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 5073

posted 30 May 2004 07:26 AM      Profile for Brutus        Edit/Delete Post
RE:: Jean, in my experience Liberals are just not well-represented online.

Nor anywhere else for that matter. They have right wing radio rant shows most newspaper are right wing leaning!

The biggest B.S. myth in this country is the right wing generated myth that the media is bias toward the Liberals!

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca