FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Madonna-Megara's Website

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Madonna-Megara's Website
Shane
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4328

posted 15 November 2003 03:07 PM      Profile for Shane     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Just informing you all, Madonna-Megara something or other Holloway has updated her website.

The changes? She has changed the website's colour from RED to BLUE. (To indicate her change from Liberal to Tory, I assume.)

She has also edited her picture so that the blouse she was wearing is now turquoise instead of red.

Edited to add website, www.madonna-megara.com

[ 15 November 2003: Message edited by: Shane ]

Sara Mayo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3714

posted 15 November 2003 03:21 PM      Profile for Sara Mayo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That's hilarious!! She's now running for the Conservative Party leadership. Are you going to support her Shane?
From: "Highways are monuments to inequality" - Enrique Penalosa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Shane
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4328

posted 15 November 2003 07:08 PM      Profile for Shane     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Are you going to support her Shane?

Well, I had to think long and hard about that one...

Of course I'm just kidding about that. Right now I am leaning towards Jim Prentice. However, I will quickly switch to Bernard Lord if he decides to run, which is looking like a greater possibility.

When she loses this race, I'm sure she'll set her sights on Mr. Layton's job.

Watch out guys, you're next!

[ 15 November 2003: Message edited by: Shane ]

Dr. Mr. Ben
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3265

posted 15 November 2003 08:26 PM      Profile for Dr. Mr. Ben   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think she also has a new slogan, "Engineered to Make a Difference." Is this better than "A Horse of a Different Colour"? Well, it doesn't compare her to a horse anymore, but it does hint that she may be some sort of synthoid or cyborg.
From: Mechaslovakia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 15 November 2003 09:20 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
HAHAHA!

Well, at least she changed the cover of her platform, even though the content's the same.

I was actually surprised to see she'd updated her preamble. None the less, this part's rich:

quote:
This platform references the work of some of the finest minds in Canada and the U.S., which reinforces that others are already thinking along the lines of Right Human Relations and Social Organization. They simply needed a channel to bring all of the thinking together in a platform since, isolated; the recommendations could find no champion.

suuuuuuuuuuure...

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
hibachi
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 956

posted 15 November 2003 10:42 PM      Profile for hibachi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh I think Madonna-Megara is big on channelling. She has that part right. However I also think that mood stabilisers like Epival and antipsychotics like Zyprexa are also good.

It is amazing how many undetected, undiagnosed, and untreated people there are out there with mood disorders. When they get into manic states, they often get an exaggerated sense of self-esteem. Also, they can often get into spurts of creative energy, like writing or painting or music.

If they have a bit of money they do things like run for political office using bizarre campaign platforms, and/or self-publish what they have written.

If we are to be true to our social democratic traditions, we should look at Madonna-Megara as someone who needs help.

From: Toronto, Ont. | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
clearview
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4640

posted 17 November 2003 12:07 AM      Profile for clearview     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
By clicking on the "Give it to me fast" link you can find Policy Positions such as this:
quote:
Para. Number: 3.7; Policy Issue: Labour, Capital, and Employment; No. 23; Policy Statement: This platform recognizes neither capital nor labour, it recognizes only men and brothers, women and sisters, husbands and wives, Canadians as a unified group - Canada and the US as a family, and all nations as humanity. The solution is, therefore, education and still more education.

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 17 November 2003 12:13 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearview:
"Give it to me fast" link

OUCH! Sorry, that was just me biting my tongue REALLY hard.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albireo
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3052

posted 17 November 2003 12:57 PM      Profile for Albireo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yeah and the "Give it to me fast" link produces a 15-page pdf file. I'll be sure not to click on "Bend over and take it slow".

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca