FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Political humour

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Political humour
humbleman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4522

posted 05 November 2003 03:58 PM      Profile for humbleman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Here's a gem I that one of my coworkers passed on. Give it sometime to load.

http://members.cox.net/impunity/endofworld.swf

Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 05 November 2003 10:40 PM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That was fantastic!
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mick1000
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 721

posted 05 November 2003 11:31 PM      Profile for mick1000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That was dumb (and crude)
From: Picton, Ontario | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hinterland
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4014

posted 05 November 2003 11:45 PM      Profile for Hinterland        Edit/Delete Post
That wasn't funny at all.
From: Québec/Ontario | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
humbleman
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 4522

posted 06 November 2003 12:54 AM      Profile for humbleman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Crude yes, but funny. Its bart simpson on politics.
oldgoat
Babbler # 1130

posted 06 November 2003 01:22 AM      Profile for oldgoat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I thought that for a short bit of that particular genre it made its point and it worked. It isn't always easy to put the truth into a short piece of animation. For those with more patience and a library card, I strongly recommend the following.

http://www.grovel.org.uk/reviews/whenth01/whenth01.htm

"When The Wind Blows" is a wonderful magnificent human and touching little tale of how a nuclear holocaust can really mess up your life.

[ 06 November 2003: Message edited by: oldgoat ]

From: The 10th circle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gir Draxon
leftist-rightie and rightist-leftie
Babbler # 3804

posted 08 November 2003 04:53 AM      Profile for Gir Draxon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
If all the instances of "shit" were to be replaced with "crap", then it would be just like Strong Bad doing political commentary
From: Arkham Asylum | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sean Tisdall
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3465

posted 08 November 2003 10:42 PM      Profile for Sean Tisdall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Way to make an obsure pop culture reference... referency.

Anyway I got some message from this D. Orchard about organic farming with boxing gloves on.

D...

Dalton...
Diefenbaker...

Well Deborah, I wouldn't really know about organic farming, since most of my day involves typing with boxing gloves, eating snak food with boxing gloves, and punching homestar with boxing gloves.

Crapfully yours,

Seanbad

From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Dimension XY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
al-Qa'bong
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3807

posted 11 November 2003 03:03 AM      Profile for al-Qa'bong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Not funny. Crude, on so very many levels, yes.

quote:

the Japanese flag behind the Chinese sons of a bitches was a nice touch.

I'm still trying to decipher this one....

From: Saskatchistan | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gir Draxon
leftist-rightie and rightist-leftie
Babbler # 3804

posted 11 November 2003 03:05 AM      Profile for Gir Draxon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
If you are trying to decipher the reason for the Japanese flag in China, try explaining why in the USA their flag was flying upside down and backwards and with a pentagram instead of the 50 stars...
From: Arkham Asylum | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
rob_maxwell
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 3017

posted 12 November 2003 12:14 AM      Profile for rob_maxwell     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think some of us may be looking into this a bit too much. It was likely intended as a stupid satirical lighthearted joke, not as an actual statement or anything.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca