babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Are you investment literate?

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Are you investment literate?
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 19 September 2002 03:21 PM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Find out here

This is a very basic test. I got questions #2 and #10 wrong. And I have a negative net worth!

[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: rasmus_raven ]

From: Fortune favours the bold | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 19 September 2002 03:49 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
rasmus, I can't make that link work. Is that just me?
josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 19 September 2002 03:50 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Non.
From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 19 September 2002 04:03 PM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
See below

rasmus
malcontent
Babbler # 621

posted 19 September 2002 04:04 PM      Profile for rasmus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Try this

http://216.254.145.80/cartier/

josh
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 2938

posted 19 September 2002 04:17 PM      Profile for josh     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I got 7 out of 10.

I got 2, 5 (I didn't even know what a GIC was), and 10 (I guessed 8.7%) wrong.

From: the twilight zone between the U.S. and Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
skdadl
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 478

posted 19 September 2002 04:30 PM      Profile for skdadl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I got questions 1, 6, and 9 correct.

Of COURSE I don't know what I'm doing with money, rasmus. But so I thought I'd answer politically, according to the economic convictions I've learned from you. But so like rasmus: it turns out that capitalists really do have more fun!

In real life, I don't have any money to invest, though -- so that's a Good Thing, I guess, as Martha would say.

radio
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 808

posted 19 September 2002 06:46 PM      Profile for radio     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I have to brag (I don't have to really, but I want to). I got 9 out of 10. I missed #1 because I hit the wrong answer by mistake (I did, honest!). I knew the right answer.

At this point, I wish I didn't have any money in the market. I should have got out two years ago when my instincts told me to, but I couldn't figure out where to park my money. Answering 9 out of 10 doesn't necessarily mean a person is smart, just that they know a lot. And what good does that do if they don't use their knowledge to good advantage?

From: Gore Bay, Ontario | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
DrConway
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 490

posted 19 September 2002 10:05 PM      Profile for DrConway     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
URL no workie again.
From: You shall not side with the great against the powerless. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca