babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Peter MacKay and Monique Guay voted sexiest MP's

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Peter MacKay and Monique Guay voted sexiest MP's
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 05 December 2001 11:29 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Click!

PC MP Peter MacKay, and Bloc MP Monique Guay were voted sexiest MP's on parliament hill!

If you want to see the pictures- FIND 'EM YOURSELVES! This whole thing seems a bit pretentious (sp?) to me.

Aparently, Beth Phinney is also the least generous MP, Sophia Leung was voted worst house orator, Sheila Copps was voted biggest gossip, while Jim Karygiannis was voted laziest MP (Skdadl: Tony Ianno, your MP for Trinnity-Spadina tied with several others for third)

Also, despite Alexa's jokes, Pierre Pettigrew was voted Male MP with Best Hair!

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: meades ]

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
NP
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 226

posted 06 December 2001 01:15 AM      Profile for NP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
What gets me is how Jane Stewart won for best dressed. She's usually pretty hit and miss with that wardrobe. Although she's much better than Darrell Stinson or Myron
From: The city that rhymes with fun | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marc
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 287

posted 06 December 2001 01:38 AM      Profile for Marc     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I believe that Peter Stoffer was voted the nicest MP...or something of the sort. Upon meeting him, I realized this was very much the case.
NP
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 226

posted 06 December 2001 02:22 AM      Profile for NP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
No kidding there Marc, I found Stoffer to be very outgoing too. At convention he spent at least ten minutes talking to Marc and I. Yvon Godin was amazing too. Pretty much the whole NDP caucus is approachable, but the tops IMHO are: Lorne, Judy (W-L), Peter and Yvon.

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: Noah Evanchuk ]

From: The city that rhymes with fun | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Ziegler
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 225

posted 06 December 2001 04:24 AM      Profile for Sine Ziegler     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I personally find Rahim Jaffer and Stephane Tremblay the best looking MP's.
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 06 December 2001 10:21 AM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
Despite what anybody thinks of his politics, Chuck Strahl's a pretty nice guy too. I've seen him a few times around town, and he's always a pretty cheerful dude.

I didn't think Monique was so hot. Maybe that photo doesn't do her justice? Of course, it's all a matter of who one compares her to. I can't think of any female MPs I consider terribly attractive.

Rahim Jaffer?!?!?!?!

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: Kneel before MediaBoy ]

From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 06 December 2001 11:33 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think Chuck Strahl is a lot better looking than Peter MacKay. I think Rahim Jaffer is too.

And what about Caroline St-Hilaire, BQ? Or Caroline Parrish, Liberal? Wow, I would tie it between those two. Also, I think Sophia Leung deserves and honourable mention (well as much as anyone "deserves" anything based on their luck at drawing good looks from the gene pool).

BTW, in passing - I notice that in the BQ list, pretty much all the women go by "Ms.", in the Liberal list, the better portion of them do, but in the Alliance/DR list, all the women (well, all 8 of them) except one go by either "Miss" or "Mrs."

Interesting.

From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 06 December 2001 11:52 AM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The results were out last May... They do it as an end-of session fun thing in the Hill Times.

Chuck is a really friendly guy... so's Rahim.

wagepeace
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 114

posted 06 December 2001 11:57 AM      Profile for wagepeace     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I cannot believe that Joe Clark was not voted as most sexy!!! CONSPIRACY!!!!
From: In a fog and on anti-psychotics | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michelle
Babbler # 560

posted 06 December 2001 11:58 AM      Profile for Michelle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Did you participate in the survey, Trinitty? C'mon! Enquiring minds want to know!
From: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 06 December 2001 12:05 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
so's Rahim.

Rahim's a REALLY friendly guy if you're a drunken babe dancing in an Ottawa nightclub.

From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
wagepeace
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 114

posted 06 December 2001 12:09 PM      Profile for wagepeace     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
the have nightclubs in OTTAWA??????
From: In a fog and on anti-psychotics | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
vaudree
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1331

posted 06 December 2001 12:36 PM      Profile for vaudree     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I don`t think I would be look to Ottawa for sexy. We need a 10 word list of next week`s dare poem can everybody give me the one word that describes best their favorite MP?
From: Just outside St. Boniface | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 06 December 2001 01:43 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
quote:
the have nightclubs in OTTAWA??????

*sarcasm mode*
Only on the 2nd friday night of every month. The rest of the month it's a barn at the Experimental Farm. *end sarcasm mode*

Trespasser
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1204

posted 06 December 2001 03:18 PM      Profile for Trespasser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I read this when it was first published, and I still disagree with most of the choices... grrrrrr... Keith Martin, Peter MacKay and Jane Stewart sexy? Whatever happened to this world?

Biggest surprise for me:

quote:
Mr. Martin’s merrymaking was praised for not only quality [of his parties] but [also for their] frequency. Mr. Martin seizes any pretext for a party — including the birthday of antique rocker Jon Bon Jovi, which he and his entourage celebrated last month.

Trinitty
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 826

posted 06 December 2001 03:36 PM      Profile for Trinitty     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Yes, I did participate. I was pretty fresh here though, so didn't answer a lot of the questions. I voted for Chuck
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 06 December 2001 05:18 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I dunno, Michelle, Carolyn Parrish isn't bad looking, but she's more "elegant" than sexy, a bit more like Diane St-jaques, Francine Lalonde and Diane Bourgeois. I dunno, maybe I'm just too young...

For the record, I personally think Monique Guay is probably most deserving (again, like you said Michelle, as deserving as one could be) of the title- personally I think the photo is pretty damn good, though it still doesn't do her justice (I've seen her on public access programs and such).

Caroline St-Hilaire actually came second. You might also want to observe that Caroline submitted her glamour shot, whereas Monique had to have her photos taken with everybody else, most likely after a long day in the House of Commons, under bad lighting, and after many had already pulled out their hair.

another little side not you might be interested in- before the "PC/DR coalition" came about, Elsie Wayne was the only female MP for the PC's, yet, the NDP, who have only one more MP than they do, have FIVE women!!!

Also, the Alliance only has five women, down from seven- Deb Gray, and Val Meredith left for the PC/DRs.

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca