babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Most naive quote of the day award!!!

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Most naive quote of the day award!!!
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 05 December 2001 05:37 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Here's my nomination:

Israel's ambassador to Canada:

quote:
...It can't get any worse...

HA HA HA! I nearly bust a gut when I heard that one this morning!

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
doseq
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1792

posted 05 December 2001 05:40 PM      Profile for doseq     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thanks for the laugh Meades
meades
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 625

posted 05 December 2001 10:06 PM      Profile for meades     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That one deserves to be told at parties, I think!

hee hee hee....

From: Sault Ste. Marie | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tommy_Paine
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 214

posted 05 December 2001 10:18 PM      Profile for Tommy_Paine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That means, of course, that things are about to get worse, shortly.
From: The Alley, Behind Montgomery's Tavern | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doug
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 44

posted 05 December 2001 11:14 PM      Profile for Doug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Oh, yes...it's almost a cry for someone to prove him wrong.
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
clockwork
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 690

posted 06 December 2001 06:14 PM      Profile for clockwork     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I got a quote... it might not strictly be naive, but it made me laugh.

This is from a G&M article on the problems of disbursing all the money raised for the Seot 11 victims:

quote:
A New York Times survey showed that survivors of the uniformed personnel who died will be showered with money to the extent that some families could collect $1-million or more.

But many charities are legally prevented from redirecting their money to help those whose plight has not received as much publicity. For example, the Twin Towers Fund set up by New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani -- which has raised $113-million -- is charged with helping the families of police and firefighters. Other funds were set up to help small businesses or the unemployed, but not specifically the families of the roughly 3,000 civilian dead (the death toll excluding emergency workers).

"We're heartbroken about the inequities -- that people could value the lives of those men more than . . . the lives of our men," Mary Elle Salamone, widow of a financial executive, told the Times.

doseq
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1792

posted 09 December 2001 04:41 PM      Profile for doseq     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It took me a second read, Clockwork, to catch the joke. The wife of a fincial executive on wall street talking about the way society values people.

Man risks his life as a matter of job to save others lives, value: $40,000.

Man calculates figures, keeps accounts in order, makes decisions based on the recommendation and hard work of many people below him value: minimum $100,000

The real world must be very far away from her country club life to need to ask that question.

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca