babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Mr Chretien, you are not speaking for me . .

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr Chretien, you are not speaking for me . .
Jake
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 390

posted 11 November 2001 02:58 PM      Profile for Jake     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Shortly after Sept 11 Mr. C was on TV outlining his support for the US go get em reaction and prefaced his talk with the phrase “Canadians will understand . . . “
I sent him an Email to object; that he was not speaking for me when he made that assumption/declaration. Here is a slightly abreviated version of my Email,

I am . . . .years old this month. Born in Winnipeg, of Anglo/Belgian parents; I grew up in Quebec City. I served in the Canadian armed forces from 1943-1946. I have always been proud of our country; and particularly so in the way we were evolving into such a wonderful mosaic of peoples from around the globe.

I am shocked and deeply saddened by the way you have fallen into line with Messrs. Bush and Blair and their John Wayne reaction to the very sad events of Sept. 11 in New York City.

I am writing this because I want you to know that when you say that “Canadians will understand . . .” that you are not speaking for me.

What can I say to you but that you surely must know that more Violence is not an appropriate answer.

I have had no response to this nor did I expect one, but I felt that I had to do something. I have been doing what I can in this vein at a few community meetings that were held but am somewhat at a loss as to how to continue.

Does anyone out there know how I might obtain posters, lapel buttons or other peaceful tools that I could obtain and distribute. Messages along the line of “STOP THIS SENSLESS WAR” “STOP THE SENSLESS BOMBING” “COUNT ME OUT MR.CHRETIEN” etc.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Jake

From: the recycling bin | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca