babble home
rabble.ca - news for the rest of us
today's active topics

FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» babble   » current events   » canadian politics   » Eradicating cancer cells with a blowtorch

Email this thread to someone!    
Author Topic: Eradicating cancer cells with a blowtorch
'lance
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1064

posted 05 November 2001 07:59 PM      Profile for 'lance     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
That's the metaphor Sir Michael Howard, distinguished military historian, is using for the war against Afghanistan.

I hope he gets a hearing. I somehow doubt it, though.

From: that enchanted place on the top of the Forest | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
David Kyle
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 1530

posted 06 November 2001 04:37 PM      Profile for David Kyle     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The qualities needed in a serious campaign against terrorists—secrecy, intelligence, political sagacity, quiet ruthlessness, covert actions that remain covert....

Who's to say that this isn't happening?

Victor Von Mediaboy
rabble-rouser
Babbler # 554

posted 06 November 2001 05:22 PM      Profile for Victor Von Mediaboy   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post
I think that covert operations only seem politically correct in hindsight, and then, only if they're successful. If assasins were sent in to Afghanistan instead of B-52 bombers, and it became public knowledge, I think just as many people would be calling for Dubya's head as there are now. He'd be in deep deep deep shit if those assassins ended up dead.
From: A thread has merit only if I post to it. So sayeth VVMB! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | rabble.ca | Policy Statement

Copyright 2001-2008 rabble.ca